ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The build (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55980)

Chromeburn 10-17-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 86715)
If it is 3rd and long, I tell my all world de to go get the qb. Not worry about the rb on a draw

What about 2nd and short? They would do the same thing. They didn't worry about the RB at all.

The 3rd and long is an example of a draw working consistently when it shouldn't. Maybe a few times, not almost all the time.

1965southpaw 10-17-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 86709)
I think so too. I think the drops will lessen/stop. TY and Doyle will come back. The OL, if they stay healthy, should keep getting better. I think we'll still pick in the top half of the draft but I'm expecting 5-7 wins.

TY practiced today for the first time and per Kevin Bowen is likely to play Sunday. Doyle did not and likely not back til after the bye week.

VeveJones007 10-17-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 86705)
I do want to see what Lewis can do, staff is super high on him. A dominate dline does wonders for the guys behind them, just like a dominate oline is the engine of the offense. I wouldn't mind him some help though. There are so many dline in this draft might get one in the second round. I think for me it will come down to the player available and BPA. Bosa vs Oliver, or Oliver vs Ferrel, Ferrel vs Brown. I was going to make a draft post with possible options just cause I'm bored and love to talk draft.

I do think this team will make a second half run though and I suspect we will be looking at a pick around 10.

I don't like the idea of spending a 1st on WR, too many busts, and this is a deep group. I think a 2nd on one will help us just fine, and maybe another later round pick. Greedy Williams of LSU is the top rated corner. He should be a shut down corner. But the cover 2 doesn't really need shut down man corners, you can get decent corners to fill the job in later rounds. The cover-2 does need high picks spent on dline because you only rush with 4 men 90% of the time. As for oline, there should be several good LT's this year.

Yeah, don't even both with the Bosa/Oliver discussion. That isn't going to happen. There should still be some good DL/EDGE and LTs available though.

omahacolt 10-17-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 86716)
What about 2nd and short? They would do the same thing. They didn't worry about the RB at all.

The 3rd and long is an example of a draw working consistently when it shouldn't. Maybe a few times, not almost all the time.

Dungy fucked this team out of multiple championships with his shitty scheme.

Chromeburn 10-17-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 86742)

That's a long conversation. I won't disagree. But I think the scheme needs talent in the right places to be successful. I always felt like we were halfway there. Polian put the emphasis on the offense more than the D and I think it might have cost us a couple more SB's.

JAFF 10-17-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

That is like an a hole, everybody has one.

YDFL Commish 10-18-2018 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 86680)
They need a freeney

I don't care, if it's, a Freeney. a Watt, an Atkins or a Donald. Omaha is right, we need more pass rush...and I don't care where it comes from.

YDFL Commish 10-18-2018 01:29 AM

Quote:

I don't think that it was the scheme. I believe that it was Dungy trusting that some coaches and players would get it done, when clearly they would not have.

My biggest case in point would be Rawb replacing Gilbert Gardner. Rawb didn't have to be great...hell, I'm not sure that he even had to be good. But, Gardner was so bad, that anything was going to be an improvement.

Yet, Dungy stuck with him as a starter, for what...12 weeks?

Oldcolt 10-18-2018 11:31 AM

I would like to get opinions on how the rebuild is going in your mind. When we hoist that freaking trophy, what players/positions on this team do you think will be on that team that are on this one? I, for one, think the rebuild is going very well. The appear to have done the one thing all of us were screaming for, fix the offensive line so Luck doesn't get killed. Maybe, just maybe, they are learning the art of run blocking to. One half is enough to get me pumped to see more. Mack looks like he may be either the answer or part of the answer. Hilton is the only receiver that will be on that team (hopefully). Our tight ends are fine. I'm not so sure about the defense. The line has some players and we have one linebacker and maybe our starting safeties. When I look at it I think we are in the process of building in the correct way (quarterback and lines first). I've got high hopes.

omahacolt 10-18-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 86768)
I don't think that it was the scheme. I believe that it was Dungy trusting that some coaches and players would get it done, when clearly they would not have.

My biggest case in point would be Rawb replacing Gilbert Gardner. Rawb didn't have to be great...hell, I'm not sure that he even had to be good. But, Gardner was so bad, that anything was going to be an improvement.

Yet, Dungy stuck with him as a starter, for what...12 weeks?

and constantly using 260 lb dt's. getting smoked in the run game and still doing it over and over and over.