ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bummed (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17540)

Oldcolt 09-12-2017 10:25 AM

Bummed

Long time reader, rare poster. I haven't felt this shitty and hopeless about the Colts ever. Been a fan since 1961 so there have been thru a lot of crappy years in a row. I check the net constantly hoping to find that Pagano has been fired. No such luck. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate having a group of pissed off and bummed out people on this board to listen to. Misery loves company. The only silver lining is how good it will feel when (if?) we return to a decent team. My wife says I should root for another team. Not an option. Wish it was.

Butter 09-12-2017 10:33 AM

Member when Daddy Irsay was still alive in the early 80's and guys like Pagel were the QB? That was worse, we have the eventual return of Luck to look forward too.

albany ed 09-12-2017 10:42 AM

Look for the silver lining.

I honestly think Luck is out for a while if not done entirely. Either way w/o Luck for half or all of the season, no coach could lead this team to the playoffs. So, with that in mind, Pagano is the most qualified coach in the NFL to lead this team to a #1 draft choice.

Keep your expectations low, laugh at the stupid moves Pagano makes, and for extra entertainment, start counting the "umms" and "ya knows" he says during a press conference. Which one does he use more often?

JMichael557 09-12-2017 11:45 AM

we really need to go 0-16 this year without Luck playing. Trade 1st pick for multiple picks, lots of cap space next year so we can reload quickly.

albany ed 09-12-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMichael557 (Post 26407)
we really need to go 0-16 this year without Luck playing. Trade 1st pick for multiple picks, lots of cap space next year so we can reload quickly.

I would need to know that Luck returns 100% before trading the #1 pick. Two words, Bert Jones.

JMichael557 09-12-2017 01:15 PM

I agree with that

VeveJones007 09-12-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMichael557 (Post 26407)

Nope to trading the pick. Run to the podium and take Arden Key.

Puck 09-12-2017 06:44 PM

We aren't going 0-16. Luck will win quite a few games himself. Pags will beg at the end of the yr for his job. I will be on a witch hunt if Ballard keeps him. No matter what happens After that

Butter 09-12-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 26413)
I would need to know that Luck returns 100% before trading the #1 pick. Two words, Bert Jones.

While it is certainly possible this injury could either end or diminish Lucks career, sports medicine has advanced a lot since the days of Bert. Not sure he is really that great of a comparison.

Colts And Orioles 09-12-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 26413)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 26504)

While it is certainly possible this injury could either end or diminish Luck's career, sports medicine has advanced a lot since the days of Bert. Not sure he is really that great of a comparison.

o

Bert's career didn't end because of his 2 shoulder separations with the Colts in the late 70's. He played 2 full seasons in 1980 and 1981 after missing large portions of the 1978 and 1979 seasons. He threw for over 3,000 yards in both of those seasons (in a time when that mark was still a pretty big deal/accomplishment.) He was completely recovered from those shoulder separations, and remained that way.

His career ended because of a severe neck injury that he sustained while playing with the Rams in the strike-shortened 1982 season.

8 years later, Bobby Beathard actually tried to coax Jones out of retirement to play for the Chargers in 1990 when he saw Bert throwing the ball more than 75 yards in an NFL quarterback contest. After giving it some thought, the 38 and-a-half year-old Jones declined the offer, citing advice from his doctor that re-injuring his neck could cause permanent damage, perhaps even paralysis.

o