ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Luck to IR (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24365)

Racehorse 11-02-2017 01:40 PM

Luck to IR

Will happen today

smitty46953 11-02-2017 01:42 PM

Intro: Andrew Luck, who underwent surgery to his throwing shoulder in January and had been trying to work his way back to the field since, will be placed on Injured Reserve today, officially ending his 2017 season, the team announced

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/...?sf137475162=1

HoosierinFL 11-02-2017 01:48 PM

watching the live press conference from Ballard on FB now. well, the season is a loss anyway. 2011 all over again. I hope we clean up in the draft.

Brylok 11-02-2017 02:16 PM

Great. The second half of this season and an entire off-season of Andrew Luck speculation, theories, and etc. It's going to be brutal.

smitty46953 11-02-2017 02:19 PM

I wouldn't put him out there with that line, don't blame them a bit ... :cool:

smitty46953 11-02-2017 02:26 PM

Eagles signed QB Nate Sudfeld off their practice squad.

According to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, another team (we're now hearing it was the Colts) forced the Eagles' hand by trying to poach him off the practice squad. A sixth-round pick out of Indiana in 2016, Sudfeld will handle third-string duties behind starter Carson Wentz and backup Nick Foles. Nov 1 - 5:32 PM

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

:cool:

GoBigBlue88 11-02-2017 02:28 PM

Jim Irsay let his franchise QB have a 3-year injury that resulted in this.

Jim Irsay needs to not run the Colts.

testcase448 11-02-2017 02:42 PM

Lamar Jackson*, QB, Louisville
Height: 6-3. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.57.
Projected Round (2018): 1.
11/2/17: In 2017, Jackson has completed 60 percent of his passes for 2,808 yards with 18 touchdowns and six interceptions. He is averaging 6.3 yards per carry this season for 1,029 yards and 14 rushing touchdowns on the ground.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php#ixzz4xIjx45Qx

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018Q...8s3wUcPavFP.99

FatDT 11-02-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 38273)

Agree. Remember his plan to step back and let his daughters take over once the transition from Polian to Grigson/Pagano was done? He should revisit that plan. Hiring Grigson and Pagano were terrible decisions. He then doubled down by re-signing both. Then he fucked up some more by waiting too long to fire Grigson and hire Ballard. So that he was forced to fuck up some more by not firing Pagano.

We were in perfect position to dominate the South and go on a decade long playoff run, but Irsay hired two inexperienced losers to run the team. Luck suffered through years of a terrible line, an incongruent offensive system that didn't get better by changing OCs, a coaching staff that doesn't play its best players, and a front office that couldn't build a quality roster. And now the cornerstone franchise QB might be broken. Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano did their best to David Carr their meal ticket out of the league.

Fuck this is frustrating.

GoBigBlue88 11-02-2017 02:51 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-andrew-luck/

“This new staff came in and said, ‘We’re going to be the toughest guys on the block. We’re going to get big road graders, run, stop the run.’ In Indianapolis? With Andrew Luck? In a division where you play 10 games in perfect weather every year? The team you have to beat is Tom Brady and the New England Patriots? And you want to come in and play like you’re playing in the AFC North? That contributed to it because you didn’t have a pass protecting line,” Polian said.

Polian is so, so correct. It just highlights the insanity of ever hiring Pagano and pissing on "Star Wars numbers" in the first place. And the fact we got exactly what we always were going to get as a result.

Which isn't to be read as hating Pagano. But hating what Irsay did with the direction he took this franchise.

Racehorse 11-02-2017 02:53 PM

This does NOT mean Luck’s career is over. Some of you are “half empty “ guys, I guess. I see this as a “reset” button on the franchise, starting with a reset on fixing Luck. Instead of Luck working on getting back out there ASAP, he can now work on physical therapy to strengthen and loosen up scar tissue and then work to get back into game shape. It also means we are playing for developing the younger kids and draft status. It really tanking, but letting Chuckture take its course. We may win one more game and finish with pick five in the draft. That should net us something good to add to some promising pieces picked up lately. The future is actually bright, not dark.

DrSpaceman 11-02-2017 03:01 PM

Best decision. There was no point in him returning this year anyway.

VeveJones007 11-02-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 38283)
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-andrew-luck/

“This new staff came in and said, ‘We’re going to be the toughest guys on the block. We’re going to get big road graders, run, stop the run.’ In Indianapolis? With Andrew Luck? In a division where you play 10 games in perfect weather every year? The team you have to beat is Tom Brady and the New England Patriots? And you want to come in and play like you’re playing in the AFC North? That contributed to it because you didn’t have a pass protecting line,” Polian said.

Polian is so, so correct. It just highlights the insanity of ever hiring Pagano and pissing on "Star Wars numbers" in the first place. And the fact we got exactly what we always were going to get as a result.

Which isn't to be read as hating Pagano. But hating what Irsay did with the direction he took this franchise.

All of this was Irsay’s fault. This wasn’t his father’s NFL. He hired a GM he could handle and play armchair GM.

VeveJones007 11-02-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 38284)
This does NOT mean Luck’s career is over. Some of you are “half empty “ guys, I guess. I see this as a “reset” button on the franchise, starting with a reset on fixing Luck. Instead of Luck working on getting back out there ASAP, he can now work on physical therapy to strengthen and loosen up scar tissue and then work to get back into game shape. It also means we are playing for developing the younger kids and draft status. It really tanking, but letting Chuckture take its course. We may win one more game and finish with pick five in the draft. That should net us something good to add to some promising pieces picked up lately. The future is actually bright, not dark.

Oh I’m definitely here while also recognizing that Irsay is an idiot for putting the franchise in this place. This will be a blessing over the next 8 years.

Luck will be back. They’ll add a stud pass rusher or LT (maybe both) in this draft. They’ll get a new coaching staff. Things will turn around by 2019 at the latest, but I think playoffs in 2018 are within reach.

albany ed 11-02-2017 04:09 PM

Andrew Luck will not be walking through that door fellas. This is Jacoby's team now. It's time for the team to realize this is as good as it'll get.

njcoltfan 11-02-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 38299)
Oh I’m definitely here while also recognizing that Irsay is an idiot for putting the franchise in this place. This will be a blessing over the next 8 years.

Luck will be back. They’ll add a stud pass rusher or LT (maybe both) in this draft. They’ll get a new coaching staff. Things will turn around by 2019 at the latest, but I think playoffs in 2018 are within reach.

I hope to hell you're right. What I don't want to hear is anymore bullshit from Irsay, like the OL is fixed, Luck will be ready for OTAs, just shut the fuck up Jim!!

Racehorse 11-02-2017 04:30 PM

Here are some quotes from Ballard that seem to echo what I said:

Quote:

“I think they’re going to take a little different approach and do some different strength and recovery efforts to try to get the soreness out,” Ballard said.

“He was frustrated,” Ballard continued, talking about Luck’s reaction to the news his season was officially over. “I mean, he’s a competitive guy. And not only is he a competitive guy, but he cares about his teammates, and he cares about this organization. And he knows the impact he has on Sunday. I mean, he’s a difference maker; he’s one of the top quarterbacks in this league. So he’s frustrated. He’s absolutely frustrated. But saying that, I think he’s got great resolve, and I think — look, through the dark times there’s gotta be a light, and I think a year of his body healing, getting the shoulder right, I think we’re going to see a better Andrew down the line.”
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/...7-333311f8c3a4

omahacolt 11-02-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 38273)

jim irsay didnt let him do shit with his injury. come on man. that is just ridiculous.

jim miller was talking about this on moving the chains today. he said the exact same thing happened to him. the docs didn't think he needed surgery and that he could play with it but turned out it didn't hold up. he played a full season, just like Luck, and then had surgery.

it was Luck and the doctors deciding his plan. Irsay had nothing to do with it.

and if you really want irsay stepping in and overriding the docs plans, then you are borderline retarded.

omahacolt 11-02-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 38292)
All of this was Irsay’s fault. This wasn’t his father’s NFL. He hired a GM he could handle and play armchair GM.

irsay hired a gm and it didn't work out. grigson won't be the last gm that will not work out for the colts.

Luck getting hurt is nobodies fault. except maybe dam's.

omahacolt 11-02-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 38307)
Here are some quotes from Ballard that seem to echo what I said:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/...7-333311f8c3a4

my only real worry here is if they have to go back in to the shoulder more.

rcubed 11-02-2017 05:07 PM

yeah, all the irsay blaming is dumB.

The major point of failure on his part was renewing grigson and pagano

1965southpaw 11-02-2017 05:17 PM

Houston, we have a Problem

I’m a glass half full type of person. I don’t believe that Luck’s career is over and refuse to speculate as such. I still believe the rebuild should be centered around the notion of him under center in 2018. I also think there is something good to be said for finally having the certainty of knowing that we’re riding the Brissett horse for the rest of this season. It will only help him to further develop into a much more than adequate backup to Andrew for future seasons (assuming he can stay healthy……Kravitz on JMV just said Castanzo will likely be missing some game time). I think it’s likely we won’t win another game unless we happen to trip into one on “any given Sunday”. Instead my hope is that:

1. We will see some good individual performances that give us hope we have a few of the pieces we need for next year and
2. Notwithstanding an incompetent coaching staff, we will see some competitive spirit emerge from a team that doesn’t want to be seen as not giving a shit

For the last decade I’ve connected with some of my Indy based family (I’m in NJ) for one colts away game a year and this year we are meeting this weekend in Houston. We’ve been to KC, Tenn, Miami, New York, Jax, Denver.

Ironically, the colts have won each of the road trips we’ve made over the last 10 years. There will be seven of us wearing the shoe in Houston on Sunday. Who knows maybe it will be the proverbial “any given Sunday”. Probably not, but at a minimum we’ll spend some money in a city trying to recover from a hurricane and have some fun.

VeveJones007 11-02-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 38312)
irsay hired a gm and it didn't work out. grigson won't be the last gm that will not work out for the colts.

Luck getting hurt is nobodies fault. except maybe dam's.

I firmly believe that Irsay hired a GM who wasn’t on anyone’s radar because he wanted someone he could manipulate. Irsay was tired of taking a back seat to Polian and wanted more of a say.

I basically consider Grigson and Irsay as co-GMs over those years.

rcubed 11-02-2017 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 38338)
I firmly believe that Irsay hired a GM who wasn’t on anyone’s radar because he wanted someone he could manipulate. Irsay was tired of taking a back seat to Polian and wanted more of a say.

I didnt get that sense. I think irsay tried someone new/different/fresh and it backfired.

I feel like irsay likes to be kept in the loop about what's going on with the team and probably has/had final veto power over the bigger decisions. Trading away top picks, money for top signees, decisions like the manning one.

omahacolt 11-02-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 38338)

i basically consider your opinion retarded

Brylok 11-02-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 38300)
Andrew Luck will not be walking through that door fellas. This is Jacoby's team now. It's time for the team to realize this is as good as it'll get.

^ This is the next 9 months in a nutshell.

Butter 11-02-2017 07:49 PM

I think people like inventing narratives. Things went to shit, but I really doubt Jim doesn't care and isn't trying. He simply got it wrong.

GoBigBlue88 11-02-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 38361)
I think people like inventing narratives. Things went to shit, but I really doubt Jim doesn't care and isn't trying. He simply got it wrong.

This isn't something you just get wrong. This is an injury that occurred in 20andfucking15 and was never properly addressed.

Irsay let his coach and GM routinely use Luck to save their jobs. Irsay watched Luck play in meaningless games. Irsay wasted years of this franchise making very poor decisions in regards to his GM, coach and personnel.

Dam8610 11-02-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 38370)
This isn't something you just get wrong. This is an injury that occurred in 20andfucking15 and was never properly addressed.

Irsay let his coach and GM routinely use Luck to save their jobs. Irsay watched Luck play in meaningless games. Irsay wasted years of this franchise making very poor decisions in regards to his GM, coach and personnel.

Wasn't it Luck's decision to get the surgery? I would think that means that the team doctors evaluated the injury and thought surgery was unnecessary.

omahacolt 11-02-2017 09:12 PM

Quote:

It was addressed and Luck played arguably his best football last year. It didn't get better. Maybe it was misdiagnosed. This isn't as simple as pointing a finger and blaming people

What we do know is irsay wasn't the one diagnosing the injury.

Forrest Blue 11-02-2017 10:11 PM

Benjamin Allbright
@AllbrightNFL
Per multiple sources #Colts owner Jim Irsay is privately furious about Andrew Luck situation. Feels he has been misled throughout.
7:29 PM · Nov 2, 2017

Indiana V2 11-02-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest Blue (Post 38383)
Benjamin Allbright
@AllbrightNFL
Per multiple sources #Colts owner Jim Irsay is privately furious about Andrew Luck situation. Feels he has been misled throughout.

Not surprised by any of this isht.

Brylok 11-02-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Benjamin Allbright
@AllbrightNFL

I saw that on JMV's twitter. According to him, Jim is pissed at the medical people. Whether that's staff, outside medical, or both isn't specified.

Butter 11-02-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Irsay let his coach and GM routinely use Luck to save their jobs. Irsay watched Luck play in meaningless games. Irsay wasted years of this franchise making very poor decisions in regards to his GM, coach, and personnel.

The injury component was not what I meant to really reference. I doubt Irsay is that involved in those decisions, he hired the people who make those decisions. He clearly did that poorly.

Forrest Blue 11-02-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 38393)
I saw that on JMV's twitter. According to him, Jim is pissed at the medical people. Whether that's staff, outside medical, or both isn't specified.

Nowadays this team just makes me sad honestly.

Front office, coaching staff, players...

rcubed 11-03-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

there is a difference in not caring and making poor decisions.

OneVoice 11-03-2017 12:52 AM

Meh. We all knew 2017 was a wasted season with Pagano. Luck to IR is just icing on the cake.

Unless you're wearing a tin foil hat and don't understand what confirmation bias means, there's no reason to think Luck won't return in 2018.

Irsay cares. Stop suggesting he doesn't. He did make hiring mistakes.

Ballard isn't one of them.

Irsay was overly optimistic for Luck returning in 2017. He's pissed because he cares.

There's absolutely no real reason to fire Pagano now --- but I really want to see it happen ...bc I'm so pissed he set my favorite team back two decades, thinking its 1996.

Luck is awesome but not perfect and the system Grigs-Pags installed did him no favors (Polians recent comments ring truth).

JMO

VeveJones007 11-03-2017 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 38342)
i basically consider your opinion retarded

I certainly may be wrong, but it’s incorrect to think there isn’t any smoke there. How many times did Grigson talk about watching film with Irsay, both echoed the same points about players (e.g. Le’Raven Clark’s arm length), and Irsay took to Twitter talking about a deal that was in the works?

Either way, Irsay hired Grigson, an unqualified unknown commodity, and Grigson failed. A lot of that blame falls on Irsay for making that hire when Grigson wasn’t even on other teams’ radars.

Coltsalr 11-03-2017 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 38393)

If we clean house totally, does that likely mean the training staff too?

Honest question.

ChoppedWood 11-03-2017 06:11 AM

Quote:

Benjamin Allbright
@AllbrightNFL

Wait, wait, the con-man that conned the entire fan base to keep his seats filled and popcorn dollars flowing until his charade could absolutely no longer go unchecked, is pissed because he got conned?

This whole thing is a travesty of a mockery of a sham.

Fuck you Jim- this is on you!