ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Good article on Erik Swoope's 2016 season (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11952)

sherck 07-27-2017 08:33 AM

Good article on Erik Swoope's 2016 season

Located here.

I have never heard of NumberFire before but I like how they did this analysis.

Bottom line is that Erik looked like a seasoned veteran last last year in some of those clips rather than a guy who has only played organized football at any level for 3 years. As the only slogan says, he has come a long way, baby.

We have our primary pass catching targets in Hilton, Doyle and Moncrief.

After that, some combo of Swoope, Aiken, Dorsett, Rogers and Gore/Turbin/Mack out of the backfield should suck up most of the rest of the targets.

There is an embarrassment of riches in those lists. I know that most national sports writers don't see it because they are not first round draft choices (except Dorsett whom has disappointed so far) but I have a ton of confidence in guys like Moncrief, Doyle Swoope, Rogers and Turbin. They are not our "starters" or "studs" but those guys are what makes an offense zoom.

Anyway, I agree that there is a reason that Ballard did not draft any TEs in a very TE heavy draft and that is because Swoope looks like he belongs and can excel.

Cheers,

omahacolt 07-27-2017 11:57 AM

I am trying to keep my expectations low for him but I think the dude could have a great year.

sherck 07-27-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 18465)
I am trying to keep my expectations low for him but I think the dude could have a great year.

That is like one of the first positive things you have said about the Colts in months!! Well done.

Now, I will have to wait another 4 months before you say anything nice again.

The wait continues.....

Cheers,

Dam8610 07-27-2017 01:21 PM

Here's hoping Swoope follows in the footsteps of Antonio Gates and Jimmy Graham.

DrSpaceman 07-27-2017 02:55 PM

I just want him to be successful so Colts fans can chant : "Swoope, there it is!!" When he scores a TD

Dam8610 07-27-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 18500)
I just want him to be successful so Colts fans can chant : "Swoope, there it is!!" When he scores a TD

I assure you I will never do that.

testcase448 07-27-2017 07:00 PM

Who is going to throw it to them?
They've done gotten Luck broken down

Dewey 5 07-27-2017 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 18480)
Here's hoping Swoope follows in the footsteps of Antonio Gates and Jimmy Graham.

I would settle with him being the next Marcus Pollard.

Butter 07-27-2017 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 18566)

I agree!

sherck 07-28-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 18566)

Erik Swoope being Marcus Pollard to Jack Doyle being Ken Dilger is a pretty good parallel. One is ultra athletic and can stretch the field and the other is the meat and potatoes guys who can do it all.

If Swoope can become that guy in 2017, our offense will be hitting on a lot of cylinders.

Cheers,