ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ogletree Arrested (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174739)

IndyNorm 12-30-2023 09:33 AM

Ogletree Arrested

https://fox59.com/news/indianapolis-...dricks-county/

Looks like the dumb fuck beat up his girlfriend :mad:

Racehorse 12-30-2023 10:13 AM

Welp, there goes his future here.

Brylok 12-30-2023 10:19 AM

I will refrain from comments. My God, I will refrain from comments. But I have many. Smh.
In Steichen - only - do I trust.

Mr. Session 12-30-2023 11:16 AM

Young. Probably sleeping around on her. I imagine shit got dramatic. Maybe I'm embellishing things through speculation.

The inability to walk away is what concerns me. Not with him specifically but any man in this scenario. To me, personally, that speaks on a man's character.

Whatever.

CletusPyle 12-30-2023 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 288373)
Welp, there goes his future here.

He'll make a fine Cleveland Brown......

apballin 12-30-2023 01:12 PM

Von Miller is still playing….

Taking someone’s phone is a criminal offense

These situations are always ugly so I tend to wait for it to play out

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 12-30-2023 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 288380)
He'll make a fine Cleveland Brown......

Or Raider....

Or Raven....heck, the Ravens are honoring Mr. DV himself (Ray Rice) this weekend.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...rice-on-sunday

Quote:

Ravens will honor Ray Rice on Sunday

Ray Rice was once the most toxic name in sports, the embodiment of the NFL’s domestic violence problem, and the last person the league or the Baltimore Ravens wanted to associate with. That has changed.

The Ravens have announced that on Sunday they will honor Rice as their “Legend of the Game,” a game day tradition in Baltimore to recognize a former player for his accomplishments both on and off the field.

But does Rice deserve to be honored? In 2014, he was caught on video punching his then-fiancée, now wife, so hard that he knocked her out, then dragging her unconscious body out of an elevator. After he was arrested for the assault, the NFL initially suspended him just two games, sparking anger — which turned to widespread public outrage when the video became public.

The Ravens cut him and his NFL career was over. So why honor him now?

Rice says honoring him allows him to show that he has changed.

“I truly understand why I was let go and why so many hearts changed. But hopefully people can see where I’m at now. They say people can change, right? I am not the same person I was 10-12 years ago. That’s just not who I am,” Rice told the Ravens’ website. “Every time I stepped on the field, I gave it my all. But I couldn’t say the same for life. Now I’m trying to be the best version of me.”

Ravens President Sashi Brown, who was hired by the Ravens last year and was not with the team during Rice’s career, defended Rice as a man worthy of honoring.

“He was also consistently in the community, giving back. Importantly, after Ray’s incident he owned it,” Brown said. “On his own accord, Ray undertook critical work within himself and to bring awareness to and educate others on domestic violence. Nothing will change his past or make it right, but Ray’s work has allowed him to atone for his actions and rebuild relationships personally and professionally, including with the Ravens.”

Rice’s reception from Ravens fans will likely be mostly positive: Nearly a decade later, fans tend to remember the good times. Plus, the Ravens are honoring Rice at a big game in which the Ravens can clinch home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs. Fans in Baltimore will be fired up to cheer their Ravens.

Outside of Baltimore, the reaction may be different, with plenty of questions about why someone who did what Rice did deserves to be treated as a hero.

Thorgrim 12-30-2023 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 288378)
Young. Probably sleeping around on her. I imagine shit got dramatic. Maybe I'm embellishing things through speculation.

The inability to walk away is what concerns me. Not with him specifically but any man in this scenario. To me, personally, that speaks on a man's character.

Whatever.

You're probably spot on. This is exactly what ended my pro career.

apballin 12-30-2023 02:25 PM

Quote:

Whatever.

If you’re getting attacked how do you walk away?

Can’t call the police because your phone is broken

It’s all hypothetical but a stiff arm from him probably feels like a body slam to her

IndyNorm 12-30-2023 02:37 PM

Quote:

Whatever.

The article said she broke his phone, so you're speculation that he was cheating on her is probably correct. Guessing she's hardly blameless in the situation, but it's still no excuse for him to lay his hands on her.

Quote:

Von Miller is still playing….

Taking someone’s phone is a criminal offense

These situations are always ugly so I tend to wait for it to play out
Obviously we should wait to judge, but per the article Ogletree admitted to at least shoving her down. That and the fact that they're holding him w/out bond probably means he's in deep shit.

IndyNorm 12-30-2023 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 288390)
If you’re getting attacked how do you walk away?

Can’t call the police because your phone is broken

It’s all hypothetical but a stiff arm from him probably feels like a body slam to her

He's probably at least twice her size. No reason why he couldn't have left, went to a friend's place, and called the cops from there instead of shoving/slamming her.

apballin 12-30-2023 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 288395)
He's probably at least twice her size. No reason why he couldn't have left, went to a friend's place, and called the cops from there instead of shoving/slamming her.

You’ve clearly never had an angry woman confront you about shit in your cell phone. It’s not as easy as you think

Ask Nick Harper

Mr. Session 12-30-2023 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 288400)
You’ve clearly never had an angry woman confront you about shit in your cell phone. It’s not as easy as you think

Ask Nick Harper

Your perspective is completely valid. I understand where you’re coming from. I’ve been there.

No judgements from me here. I feel like most of the time the facts come out, in time. Perhaps time shows us he’s the victim.

It’s unfortunate he’s in this circumstance. I wouldn’t want that for my son.

apballin 12-30-2023 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 288408)
Your perspective is completely valid. I understand where you’re coming from. I’ve been there.

No judgements from me here. I feel like most of the time the facts come out, in time. Perhaps time shows us he’s the victim.

It’s unfortunate he’s in this circumstance. I wouldn’t want that for my son.

Definitely sucks all the way around forget football sucks for the kid, his spouse, and him.

I just hate how guys are instantly crucified

omahacolt 12-30-2023 05:28 PM

Quote:

Whatever.

lol

why? why just jump to conclusions like this?

i mean odds are he should have been arrested but some bitches are insane.

nate505 12-30-2023 05:31 PM

Fucking moron. Yeah, he might have been provoked, but my guess is he's significantly larger than her. That never works out well.

apballin 12-30-2023 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 288422)
Fucking moron. Yeah, he might have been provoked, but my guess is he's significantly larger than her. That never works out well.

In the bedroom it does

Chromeburn 12-30-2023 09:30 PM

I’ve seen enough of these that I will wait for it to play out. I will say if someone breaks your stuff and makes you so angry you get violent, you don’t belong together.

IndyNorm 12-30-2023 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 288400)

Ask Nick Harper

I've never been confronted by anything on my phone, but I've been slapped before and walked away from it. Also, I never said that walking away would be easy, but that still doesn't give him any excuse if he is indeed guilty of doing what he's been charged with. Unless of course she did something like stab him (ala Nick Harper's wife), which is obviously on a whole other level than breaking someone's phone and slapping them.

apballin 12-30-2023 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 288440)
I've never been confronted by anything on my phone, but I've been slapped before and walked away from it. Also, I never said that walking away would be easy, but that still doesn't give him any excuse if he is indeed guilty of doing what he's been charged with. Unless of course she did something like stab him (ala Nick Harper's wife), which is obviously on a whole other level than breaking someone's phone and slapping them.

All I’m saying is an angry woman can be just as aggressive as a LB

Who knows what really happened but let’s be honest if he would’ve wanted to beat the shit out of her I’m sure he’s big enough to destroy her

IndyNorm 12-31-2023 10:42 AM

Quote:

All I’m saying is an angry woman can be just as aggressive as a LB
Not disagreeing there. But unless she attacks with a weapon where you have to defend yourself from physical harm then there's no excuse in laying your hands on a woman.

Quote:

Who knows what really happened but let’s be honest if he would’ve wanted to beat the shit out of her I’m sure he’s big enough to destroy her
I hope you're not trying to say that b/c he didn't beat the shit out of her what he did was ok.

apballin 01-02-2024 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 288464)
Not disagreeing there. But unless she attacks with a weapon where you have to defend yourself from physical harm then there's no excuse in laying your hands on a woman.

I hope you're not trying to say that b/c he didn't beat the shit out of her what he did was ok.

I’m not defending putting hands on a woman at all, to instantly side with the woman saying she was body slammed is what I disagree with.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 03-05-2024 12:36 PM

Update on Ogletree:

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/st...51702409933044

Quote:

NEWS: All domestic violence charges against Colts TE Drew Ogletree have been dismissed today in Hendricks County, Indiana.

Prosecutors determined there was a lack of sufficient evidence to move forward.
https://twitter.com/RomeovilleKid/st...48946039140766

Quote:

Drew Ogletree remains on the Commissioner Exempt List. A reminder that the NFL is conducting its own investigation, and the Colts can still decide if they’d like to keep Ogletree or cut him.

GM Chris Ballard said he had no update on Ogletree when I asked about him last week.

Colts And Orioles 03-05-2024 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 293441)

o

Dismissed "with prejudice" ...... meaning dismissed permanently ...... the DA cannot change their mind and refile charges again for this specific incident.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...with-prejudice

When Ogletree was first arrested, my first inclination was to think that he probably hit her, regardless of whether or not the prosecutor could prove it ...... but because of the manner in which the charges were dismissed, I'm wondering whether or not he hit her at all ...... or at the very least, if she was hit him first, and he retaliated by hitting her back.

o

Colts And Orioles 03-05-2024 03:39 PM

o

There has been some discussion as to whether or not a man should hit a woman if she hits him first, and he is defending himself. If you all would bear with me, I would like to share my own personal story on the matter.

First of all, I would like to say that I believe that each and every case is different, and therefore that what happened with me should not necessarily be taken as a presumption that every other circumstance of domestic violence should be judged accordingly.

In 1991, I was 25 and my girlfriend was 19. We were arguing vehemently. She came toward me with her arm raised, as though she were going to smack me. I was very angry because of whatever it was that we were arguing about, and I kicked my foot towards her. My foot hit her in the stomach, and she groaned, turned around, and fell to the floor. It was one of the worst feelings that I ever had, and to this day I feel great remorse about it. I wasn't worried about her calling the police on me, because I knew that she wouldn't ...... but my feelings of guilt and remorse about what I did was as bad as the anxiety over being worried about getting arrested.

Like I said, just because that was my experience does not necessarily mean that each and every other case of a man hitting a woman after she hit him first should be judged accordingly ...... obviously it's different if she is coming at you with a stake-knife or a hammer, but anything short of something like that, I would highly recommend that you refrain from striking her so as to avoid the guilt and remorse that I still feel about this incident 33 years after the fact.

o

IndyNorm 03-05-2024 06:40 PM

Good news for Ogletree at least. We'll see if the NFL and/or Colts still take action against him.

ChaosTheory 03-05-2024 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 293479)
Good news for Ogletree at least. We'll see if the NFL and/or Colts still take action against him.

Be kind of a shame if the dude gets raked over the coals by the guilty-until-proven-innocent brigade for three or four months, then gets essentially vindicated by the judicial system...

...but then the league/team still punishes him or bails on him because of pressure from those same types.

IndyNorm 03-05-2024 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 293483)
Be kind of a shame if the dude gets raked over the coals by the guilty-until-proven-innocent brigade for three or four months, then gets essentially vindicated by the judicial system...

...but then the league/team still punishes him or bails on him because of pressure from those same types.

Don't disagree. My comment was more about reading that the NFL is still conducting their investigation and that he could still be suspended, etc.

apballin 03-05-2024 08:12 PM

I hope he bounces back from this

omahacolt 03-08-2024 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 293458)
o

There has been some discussion as to whether or not a man should hit a woman if she hits him first, and he is defending himself. If you all would bear with me, I would like to share my own personal story on the matter.

First of all, I would like to say that I believe that each and every case is different, and therefore that what happened with me should not necessarily be taken as a presumption that every other circumstance of domestic violence should be judged accordingly.

In 1991, I was 25 and my girlfriend was 19. We were arguing vehemently. She came toward me with her arm raised, as though she were going to smack me. I was very angry because of whatever it was that we were arguing about, and I kicked my foot towards her. My foot hit her in the stomach, and she groaned, turned around, and fell to the floor. It was one of the worst feelings that I ever had, and to this day I feel great remorse about it. I wasn't worried about her calling the police on me, because I knew that she wouldn't ...... but my feelings of guilt and remorse about what I did was as bad as the anxiety over being worried about getting arrested.

Like I said, just because that was my experience does not necessarily mean that each and every other case of a man hitting a woman after she hit him first should be judged accordingly ...... obviously it's different if she is coming at you with a stake-knife or a hammer, but anything short of something like that, I would highly recommend that you refrain from striking her so as to avoid the guilt and remorse that I still feel about this incident 33 years after the fact.

o

you kicked her in the stomach instead of grabbing her or blocking said smack?

fucking ruthless.

that said, people should have the right to defend themselves. if a tiny, non threating man like dam were to try and smack a normal dude, i wouldn't judge them for beating him down or tossing him away like a napkin. regardless of how weak and fragile he is

Colts And Orioles 03-10-2024 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 293653)

You kicked her in the stomach instead of grabbing her, or blocking said smack ???

Fucking ruthless.

That said, people should have the right to defend themselves ...... if a tiny, non-threatening man like Dam were to try and smack a normal dude, I wouldn't judge them for beating him down or tossing him away like a napkin, regardless of how weak and fragile he is.

o

I wasn't even defending myself. I knew that she wasn't going to hurt me, but my immature, 25 year-old self allowed myself to just react out of anger.

Additionally, it was late at night, and so because I was already laying down and all relaxed, I took a lazy route of just kicking my foot out at her instead of getting my dumb, selfish ass out of bed and grabbing her, as you suggested.

It was simply one of the most shameful and saddest moments of my life.

o

Racehorse 03-10-2024 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 293711)
o

I wasn't even defending myself. I knew that she wasn't going to hurt me, but my immature, 25 year-old self allowed myself to just react out of anger.

Additionally, it was late at night, and so because I was already laying down and all relaxed, I took a lazy route of just kicking my foot out at her instead of getting my dumb, selfish ass out of bed and grabbing her, as you suggested.

It was simply one of the most shameful and saddest moments of my life.

o

If we don't learn from our mistakes, we are doomed. Glad you learned.

apballin 04-16-2024 09:34 PM

For what it’s worth… someone posted a photo of Ogletree working out at the Colts facility today

albany ed 04-17-2024 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 295895)
For what it’s worth… someone posted a photo of Ogletree working out at the Colts facility today

The charges were dismissed. I say, let him return.

Chromeburn 04-17-2024 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 295901)

Shows why fans shouldn't jump to conclusions till the process plays out unless there is definitive evidence such as pummeling your significant other in an elevator.

ChaosTheory 04-17-2024 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 295901)

You shouldn't even have to say. This whole notion of guilt in the eyes of the public because you were accused/charged is bullshit.

Butter 04-18-2024 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 295920)
You shouldn't even have to say. This whole notion of guilt in the eyes of the public because you were accused/charged is bullshit.

Sure, but conversely, the rich and famous get away with stuff all the time and people get sick of it. It is not a good thing, but it is kind of understandable how the public is kind of sick of the two-tiered justice system.

ChaosTheory 04-18-2024 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 296034)
Sure, but conversely, the rich and famous get away with stuff all the time and people get sick of it. It is not a good thing, but it is kind of understandable how the public is kind of sick of the two-tiered justice system.

I'm not sure it's understandable. Maybe understandable in that people are petty and dumb. I don't really think one has to do with the other. It's fine to be perturbed by elites getting away with shit when evidence is publicized that leads you to believe some fuckery was going down.

But stuff like Ogletree is just straight up mob mentality that society has. An accusation is all you need to ruin of lot of guys' lives. It sure as fuck isn't just happening to rich guys.

Chromeburn 04-20-2024 10:09 AM

Just fyi for everyon,Ballard was asked by Holder if he was comfortable with everything they found out regarding Ogletree and Ballard said yes, absolutely five with it.

Hoopsdoc 04-20-2024 12:35 PM

Good news. I like Ogletree.

He seems like he’s got some real talent.