ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My take (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151781)

Lov2fish 10-16-2022 04:40 PM

My take

Ryan can still play if given the opportunity to stay upright. His accuracy is far superior to Wentz.

O-Line showed progress today. Kelly played better LT today then anyone we have had in all year. A couple more tweaks and we might be a tad above mediocre.

I was really pissed we didn't resign Hilton. These guys proved today they can catch the ball when the QB has time to get the ball to them.

Our D looked like trash today for the most part. Had some good stops, but overall a D today. Given they have played pretty well this year I am hoping this is an anomaly today. Did get good pressure on Goldie locks today though.

Our LB's are a good group and will get better when Leonard can play at his normal level.

Rogers should be starting. Dude is just a football player who plays his ass off.

I no longer worry about our field goals. Chase has earned the job. I miss Sanchez.

Off to the Tits house. Hopefully they can build on this. Not holding my breath.

Oldcolt 10-16-2022 05:05 PM

First game of the year that you can actually build some hope with. It is great to finally see some semblance of an offensive line out there. Not holding my breath that they will build upon this, but still it is a nice sign. I am more neutral rather than a total negative nellie now.

Racehorse 10-16-2022 06:15 PM

Tennessee is not as scary to me as Jax, because they are similar on defense. We just put up 34 on that defense. Tennessee will fold in the second half again, because they have Henry and that is it. Our defense is better than either of them, if we are healthy. I think we get almost everyone back next week. Taylor should be fresh. Kwity should be there for the run game. I like our chances, TBH.

Racehorse 10-16-2022 06:17 PM

Vegas still has us at pitiful odds to win a SB, but they are the best odds for the division.

Brylok 10-16-2022 06:27 PM

At least I have hope again. Win the division is all I want every year. Worry about the playoffs when you get there. If this line is functional, we have a chance.

Hoopsdoc 10-16-2022 06:32 PM

I was sincerely impressed with Deon Jackson today. He’s extremely limited but he plays with heart and tenacity. If there’s a crease, he usually finds it n

Brylok 10-16-2022 07:43 PM

It wouldn't be fair for me not to say something positive about Parris Campbell. He played very well today. He's part of why we won. It's too early to say whether I'd offer him another contract, but I've always said he's absolutely useless and he wasn't today. Great job, Campbell. Stay healthy please.

omahacolt 10-16-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 245037)
I was sincerely impressed with Deon Jackson today. He’s extremely limited but he plays with heart and tenacity. If there’s a crease, he usually finds it n

why is he limited?

looked fine to me

YDFL Commish 10-16-2022 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 245026)
Kwity should be there for the run game. I like our chances, TBH.

If Kwity has a high ankle sprain, I doubt he will be back vs the Tits. Those things generally take 4 weeks to heal.

apballin 10-16-2022 10:27 PM

Definitely agree on Rodgers when he scooped up that fumble punt I thought he was gonna run it back

Fayson tackle effort was pathetic, Kenny Moore too he’s starting to piss me off

CanuckColt 10-16-2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 245037)

Yep.
Can we get rid of Hines now? or demote him down to inactive for games?
Jackson deserves to be RB2.
Hines just causes problems for our game-planning trying to figure out how to use him.

njcoltfan 10-16-2022 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckColt (Post 245082)
Yep.
Hines just causes problems for our game-planning trying to figure out how to use him.

You use him the same way you use Jackson.

Butter 10-17-2022 01:28 AM

Quote:

Yep.

Well, that would be stupid.

Butter 10-17-2022 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 245089)
You use him the same way you use Jackson.

As the primary back? That is Taylor's job when he is healthy.

Discflinger 10-17-2022 04:09 AM

Definitely Paris’s coming out party. Let’s hope it builds confidence. I liked Gracon trying to get involved after last week even though he lost on a couple receptions. He might be the gem Frank wanted. Pitt is the real deal but I knew that 2 pt was no good from the get go. Pierce might end up being our best receiver in time. Teach, Reggie, teach!!!

HoosierinFL 10-17-2022 08:22 AM

I’m definitely on board with the idea that Jackson does everything people say Hines can do. ANd he does it better because he actually breaks tackles. I can’t recall a single time I’ve seen Hines make a guy miss or run through an arm tackle.

On a pass play, Hines catches the ball and is immediately tackled, he never gets YAC. (And he sometimes drops passes). On run plays he never gets more than 1-2 yards before he’s down. He would not have scored that hard TD Jackson got. With Hines as the primary back last night, I guarantee we lose.

I”m of the opinion that in the offseason we can package Hines, Leonard, Kenny Moore, Odeyingbo (he’s a bust), and a 3rd round pick to get a high 1st round pick.

WHy Leonard? Even though he’s made numerous big plays, I think 1) he’s peaked and 2) the trio of Okereke, Franklin and Speed is a pretty good linebacker corps. I think this group would make great trade bait to a team that needs to upgrade their defense, like the Seahawks or Cardinals, both of which are likely to end up with a top 10 (or even top 5) pick.

ChaosTheory 10-17-2022 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 245094)
As the primary back? That is Taylor's job when he is healthy.

Yes. This is why I say I hope I don't see him much the rest of the way. I'm really glad to have him on the team, but him playing means Taylor is out, not Hines.

I haven't soured on Hines like some have. We've seen how dynamic he is. Before yesterday, nobody on this offense has had a chance to breathe.

Hoopsdoc 10-17-2022 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 245106)
I’m definitely on board with the idea that Jackson does everything people say Hines can do. ANd he does it better because he actually breaks tackles. I can’t recall a single time I’ve seen Hines make a guy miss or run through an arm tackle.

On a pass play, Hines catches the ball and is immediately tackled, he never gets YAC. (And he sometimes drops passes). On run plays he never gets more than 1-2 yards before he’s down. He would not have scored that hard TD Jackson got. With Hines as the primary back last night, I guarantee we lose.

I”m of the opinion that in the offseason we can package Hines, Leonard, Kenny Moore, Odeyingbo (he’s a bust), and a 3rd round pick to get a high 1st round pick.

WHy Leonard? Even though he’s made numerous big plays, I think 1) he’s peaked and 2) the trio of Okereke, Franklin and Speed is a pretty good linebacker corps. I think this group would make great trade bait to a team that needs to upgrade their defense, like the Seahawks or Cardinals, both of which are likely to end up with a top 10 (or even top 5) pick.

Sorry, but that’s dumb. For about a million different reasons. Colts would be idiotic to do that.

That’s way to many good players for one draft pick, not even mentioning sending a third round pick as well.

And besides, no team would take that offer. Hines and Leonard both make pretty good money and Kenny Moore wants a new contract. Not a lot of teams that could even make that work.

CletusPyle 10-17-2022 10:15 AM

Excellent posts here in this thread....I'm not sure if it is the routes being run (taking too long to develop), Ryan holding the ball too long, or our receivers just not being quick off the snap and taking too long to get separation...yes the OL needs to protect better, but Ryan is holding the ball too long in many cases. It just seems like too many of our pass plays take too long to develop....you can get away with that when your QB is mobile like MaHomes or Josh Allen, but Ryan needs to dink and dunk more, when he does that he seems to find a rhythm and the offense is pretty effective!

albany ed 10-17-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Yep.

I'm a fan of Hines, and if the current staff is having problems trying to figure out how to use him, they're fucking idiots.

Pez 10-17-2022 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 245106)

I'm on the fence about Hines. I agree with Ed that if the staff can't figure out how to use him they are fscking idiots. Our staff has been trying to figure out how to use Hines (despite our gracious offers to help) for 3+ years. If our staff are fscking idiots, then, well, the shoe fits and Hines of zero or less value to this franchise, with zero Fault on Hines' part.

Odeyingbo has 1.5 sacks on the year, 0.5 behind stewart, 1 behind Ngakoue, 2 behind Paye and Buckner. I don't think we have a large enough sample size to say he is a bust yet.

Leonard played about 20 snaps before Franklin broke his nose. Moore has not been playing well, but he has a solid track record.