ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Official Heads Need to Roll Over This Shit Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137509)

IndyNorm 01-09-2022 04:44 PM

The Official Heads Need to Roll Over This Shit Thread

One of the biggest shit performances in NFL history. Reich and staff, Ballard, and Wentz all need to go. They should be happy that I'm not the owner of the Colts b/c if I was then they'd all be finding their own ways home after this fucking atrocity.

Freaks - feel free to add who else needs to go over this.

Dewey 5 01-09-2022 04:45 PM

I agree. All three can hit the road

Mr. Session 01-09-2022 04:53 PM

I don't know how they do it until the year after next. The QB and the HC are like an inoperable tumor in addition to themselves being inseparable from one another. Irsay cares about selling tickets and he's likely got a better chance of fielding an average team with those two clowns than he does with trying to scramble to find a QB and a HC for next season without a first round pick.

While watching the game I really thought about it. This has been Tennessee and Houston's division for years. Riech never established himself. Even Jax had a dominate season within that span IIRC.

Some of the failures of this regime have just been flat out exceptional and truthfully they have barely managed to field a legitimately competitive team for the last decade.

Luck4Reich 01-09-2022 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 220141)
I don't know how they do it.

While watching the game I really thought about it. This has been Tennessee and Houston's division for years. Riech never established himself. Even Jax had a dominate season within that span IIRC.

Some of the failures of this regime have just been flat out exceptional and truthfully they have barely managed to field a legitimately competitive team for the last decade.

Luck was on the team within said decade. They were always a legitimate team with him in the game. The problem was too slow to remove the problem being Grigson and Pagano.. Now we will be too slow to remove the problem being Wentz and Reich.

Dewey 5 01-09-2022 04:59 PM

Someone, Reich or Ballard, needs to be held accountable not only for this total choke job but for trading for Wentz. Wentz is done. Over. He is not a starting NFL qb.

Mr. Session 01-09-2022 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 220144)
Luck was on the team within said decade. They were always a legitimate team with him in the game. The problem was too slow to remove the problem being Grigson and Pagano.. Now we will be too slow to remove the problem being Wentz and Reich.

Against who? An Alex smith led Chiefs?

He couldn’t beat NE. He couldn’t beat Pitt. I don’t remember him beating Baltimore.

He was potentially great, but the franchise has not fielded great teams like the did between 2000-2010

omahacolt 01-09-2022 05:04 PM

wentz has to go. they have to cut their losses and move on. it is not an option to keep trying to prop up an obvious mistake.

Luck4Reich 01-09-2022 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 220155)
Against who? An Alex smith led Chiefs?

He couldn’t beat NE. He couldn’t beat Pitt. I don’t remember him beating Baltimore.

He was potentially great, but the franchise has not fielded great teams like the did between 2000-2010

He carried a really bad team..... Luck on this team goes deep into the playoffs.

nate505 01-09-2022 05:08 PM

What an absolutely disgraceful performance. The house needs to be mostly cleaned. If you can't win this game, you'll never go far.

Spike 01-09-2022 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 220163)
He carried a really bad team..... Luck on this team goes deep into the playoffs.

You are right on the money with this statement. Luck would have this team as a serious threat to be SB champs. For most of Luck's career, he had a horrible OLINE and a shitty gm and head coach who fucking ruined him.

Luck4Reich 01-09-2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 220224)
You are right on the money with this statement. Luck would have this team as a serious threat to be SB champs. For most of Luck's career, he had a horrible OLINE and a shitty gm and head coach who fucking ruined him.

A healthy Luck with Taylor would keep a lot of defensive coordinators up all night...

CletusPyle 01-09-2022 06:14 PM

I know it is easy for me to say....but Irsay should throw some crazy money at Harbaugh and Peyton, and tell Reich and Ballard to hit the road!

Oldcolt 01-09-2022 06:23 PM

I don't buy that this is Ballard's fault. Difficult decisions ahead. We are stuck with Wentz at least through next year. After that we can release him and not take a financial hit. I think that there is not way we give up on him, eat the cap hit and draft choices, after less than a year with no off season work. We all better hope this asshole can be fixed. I'm not holding my breath.

IndyNorm 01-09-2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 220236)
I don't buy that this is Ballard's fault. Difficult decisions ahead

If you can't put enough talent on the field to beat a 2-14 team in a must win game by your 4th year in charge then you don't deserve to be a GM in the NFL.

Also, Ballard's the one who threw away a 3rd and 1st for Wentz.

Dewey 5 01-09-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 220236)
I don't buy that this is Ballard's fault. Difficult decisions ahead

They will stay the status quo & we will be battling the Texans for last place.

Oldcolt 01-09-2022 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 220241)
If you can't put enough talent on the field to beat a 2-14 team in a must win game by your 4th year in charge then you don't deserve to be a GM in the NFL.

You believe we didn't have the talent to beat Jacksonville? I don't think it was a talent problem, except at QB. I will give you that Ballard deserves a lot of responsibility for our QB situation however.

ZionsvilleColtsFan 01-09-2022 06:43 PM

Time to clean house

IndyNorm 01-09-2022 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 220244)
You believe we didn't have the talent to beat Jacksonville? I don't think it was a talent problem, except at QB. I will give you that Ballard deserves a lot of responsibility for our QB situation however.

The fact that we got the shit kicked out of us by a 2-14 team definitely points to a lack of talent. I do agree that Ballard is the least of the problems. I would say in order it's Wentz, Reich, Eberflus, then Ballard.

Brylok 01-09-2022 06:51 PM

I don't want to blame Ballard, but we're lacking a pass rush for years now, wide receivers, cornerback, tight end. Iffy left tackle. Very stingy in FA and 50/50 results whenever we do spend (Buckner is really good).
Wentz is junk. Colts were desperate and took a chance and lost. He has a ten cent head. I'm just deflated after today. Reich will probably remain here but, meh. Disaster today.

Racehorse 01-09-2022 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 220255)
I don't want to blame Ballard, but we're lacking a pass rush for years now, wide receivers, cornerback, tight end. Iffy left tackle. Very stingy in FA and 50/50 results whenever we do spend (Buckner is really good).
Wentz is junk. Colts were desperate and took a chance and lost. He has a ten cent head. I'm just deflated after today. Reich will probably remain here but, meh. Disaster today.

This is how I feel. Riding high after Arizona, and then two awful performances that followed. I really thought we were a factor in the playoffs. Thought we could beat a team or two, maybe even go all the way. Today left me very blah about our team. Very down right now.

DragonTails 01-09-2022 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 220163)

Luck and the Colts were a deer in the headlights in their last playoff game. Did they have a first down in the first half?

It's just disappoint year after year. Shit gets old. Other things in life to enjoy more than this trash.

Dam8610 01-09-2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 220241)

What would you have done? If you don't have a better answer, then you don't have much room to criticize Ballard for making what he thought was the best decision at the QB position given the limited resources of the team.

I'd've traded up for Mac Jones, but that ship has sailed.

Brylok 01-09-2022 07:13 PM

I'm out. Can't stay here or I'll get more upset and start the work week in a bad state of mind. Good talking to y'all. Let's hope for change for the better.

IndyNorm 01-09-2022 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 220262)
What would you have done? If you don't have a better answer, then you don't have much room to criticize Ballard for making what he thought was the best decision at the QB position given the limited resources of the team.

It's not my job to make the Colts better. It's Ballard's. And putting a team on the field that can't beat a 2-14 to get into the playoffs clearly show's that he's done a shitty job.

Chromeburn 01-09-2022 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 220232)
A healthy Luck with Taylor would keep a lot of defensive coordinators up all night...

Luck could at least complete passes. Wentz can’t even complete passes unless the defense backs off and plays prevent. He is Sorgi bad. I can’t believe fans are still defending him.

Luck4Reich 01-09-2022 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 220275)
Luck could at least complete passes. Wentz can’t even complete passes unless the defense backs off and plays prevent. He is Sorgi bad. I can’t believe fans are still defending him.

Don't understand how anyone can defend him anymore.... especially after the past two games.

ZionsvilleColtsFan 01-09-2022 07:41 PM

Quote:

Wentz isn't in Luck's league and never will be. He was an elite NFL QB.

IndyNorm 01-09-2022 07:43 PM

https://scontent.fluk1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...kQ&oe=61E0F30C

nate505 01-09-2022 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 220266)
It's not my job to make the Colts better. It's Ballard's. And putting a team on the field that can't beat a 2-14 to get into the playoffs clearly show's that he's done a shitty job.

If this team really lacked talent, it wouldn't have been 9-8 this year. Teams with poor talent don't win in general, and over a full season it shows.

Teams with bad coaching and talent who can't get up for big games definitely lose games like this though.

Dam8610 01-09-2022 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 220266)

Judging a season on any one game is stupid. Wentz looked and was terrible today, but the financial commitment prevents the team from cutting ties until 2023. Hopefully a full camp in 2022 will help.

Quote:

Well, it's either hope that Wentz can be better in 2022 or write off the 2022 season. I wouldn't fault anyone for either.

Dewey 5 01-09-2022 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 220262)

I would have traded up for Fields like Ballard reportedly wanted to. But as you said about Jones, water under the bridge now.

IndyNorm 01-09-2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 220295)
Judging a season on any one game is stupid. Wentz looked and was terrible today, but the financial commitment prevents the team from cutting ties until 2023. Hopefully a full camp in 2022 will help.

Well, it's either hope that Wentz can be better in 2022 or write off the 2022 season. I wouldn't fault anyone for either.

Says the guy who judges a player's entire season on 1 fumble.

But yes, when the entire season comes down to beating a shit 2-14 and instead of taking care of business the team shits the bed, it should be looked at as a bad season.

Also, it's $15M in dead cap to cut Wentz. Since Ballard won't use that towards FA then he might as well put it to good use and get rid of Wentz worthless ass.

HoosierinFL 01-09-2022 08:34 PM

I would absolutely be happy to roll with literally anyone other than Wentz next year even if it means a losing season. We are just going to have to spend a year adding players and eating that dead money but it’s better than watching Wentz.

If he is the starter next year I absolutely don’t want to watch, I don’t want to see one more snap of Carson Wentz football.

ChoppedWood 01-09-2022 08:49 PM

Gonna sound somewhat strange given that I think Frank is a complete pile AND that the D actually ended up with relatively reasonable rankings but if I am Jim / Ballard, the first person I step to and tell them they are gone, is Ebersuck.

Think of just how bad this defense really would have been if not for the remarkable turnover creating machine that The Maniac was this year. If not for him, we legitimately probably end up with maybe 5 wins? And not hearing any "well he is put in a position to make those plays"---- no Darius effin' engineers TO's with his incredible instincts- and very likely gets yelled at for not being in a particular spot in Ebersuck's SUCK ASS system!

I was at an event and it was hard to hear so I don't know what the tv commentators were saying. I did however hear a talking head on the radio today- NOT A BROADCASTER OF THE EVENT, but an AM channel game update guy say "I am not sure if the Colts defensive coordinator knows what a blitz scheme is but he better find one in the 2nd half or they are likely out of the playoffs". Nope, we played base over and over and over again.

I don't want to hear he isn't Frank's guy so it isn't Frank's fault. Frank owns the coaching administration, this guy absolutely SUCKS as a DC--- SUCKS and Frank apparently is fine with it! I am tired of pedestrian QB's constantly being 15-19 137 yds and 2 td's in the first half------ OVER AND OVER AND OVER! GET EBERSUCK THE FUCK OFF THIS STAFF ASAP!

CanuckColt 01-09-2022 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 220306)
I would absolutely be happy to roll with literally anyone other than Wentz next year even if it means a losing season. We are just going to have to spend a year adding players and eating that dead money but it’s better than watching Wentz.

If he is the starter next year I absolutely don’t want to watch, I don’t want to see one more snap of Carson Wentz football.

Yeah, Wentz is fatally flawed for a QB...he NEVER gets the ball out quickly.
He needs more time to figure out where he is throwing than any other Colts QB we have had.

ChoppedWood 01-09-2022 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckColt (Post 220318)
He needs more time to figure out where he is throwing than any other Colts QB we have had.

An absolute refusal to throw the ball on schedule- appalling!

omahacolt 01-09-2022 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 220295)

wentz starting is writing off the 2022 season

omahacolt 01-09-2022 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckColt (Post 220318)

brissett was worse

Racehorse 01-09-2022 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 220319)
An absolute refusal to throw the ball on schedule- appalling!

The dude does not know what a hot read is.

Dam8610 01-09-2022 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 220297)
I would have traded up for Fields like Ballard reportedly wanted to. But as you said about Jones, water under the bridge now.

I guess that's just personal preference, but Fields would've cost a lot more. He would've cost about what Wentz cost, plus the 21st pick. You only had to trade to 14 to get Jones, that may have only cost a 3 in addition to the 21st pick, and I don't think it would've cost more than this year's 2. Unfortunate as it is considering who he plays for, I still think Mac Jones ends up being the #1 or #2 QB from the 2021 draft.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 220298)
Says the guy who judges a player's entire season on 1 fumble.

I predicted a thing and was right. I never said Taylor had a bad 2020 season.

Quote:

But yes, when the entire season comes down to beating a shit 2-14 and instead of taking care of business the team shits the bed, it should be looked at as a bad season.

Honestly it seems like COVID ended up fucking the least vaccinated team in the league over in the end. It seems like all the players who came back off the COVID list the last 2 weeks performed poorly. Today's loss was incredibly disappointing, but this team overall seems like it was a highly talented team that got struck by injury at the beginning of the season, illness at the end of the season (that could've been prevented with vaccinations), and was 9-3 between those times. It's now up to the front office to figure out how to get the results of Week 4-16 throughout the full season. I would suggest they add "strongly believes in vaccination against COVID" as one of their assessment criteria of players going forward.

Quote:

Also, it's $15M in dead cap to cut Wentz. Since Ballard won't use that towards FA then he might as well put it to good use and get rid of Wentz worthless ass.

The fans may write off the 2022 season, but the front office isn't going to. Wentz will be their best option to compete in 2022, so they'll roll with him.