ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts game flexed to Saturday night (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174892)

Dewey 5 01-01-2024 12:41 AM

Colts game flexed to Saturday night

Prime time game for a playoff birth

PowayColt 01-01-2024 03:18 AM

Yea!! I get to see it here in San Diego. Listened to the Raider Nation broadcast on radio of the Colt-Raiders game. Ugh!!!

Dam8610 01-01-2024 03:24 PM

Wish it had been Sunday night. Dolphins and Bills both make the playoffs either way. Colts-Texans is loser goes home AND may be for the division. We would know if it was for the division of it was Sunday night.

Colts And Orioles 01-01-2024 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 288969)

I wish it had been Sunday night. l The Dolphins and the Bills both make the playoffs, either way. l Colts-Texans is loser goes home AND may be for the division. We would know if it was for the division of it was Sunday night.

o

The Bills have not clinched yet ...... if the Bills lose and the Steelers win and the Jaguars win, the Bills are out.

Also, it's not likely, but if the above scenario plays out and the Colts and the Texans tie to finish at 9-7-1 apiece, then the Bills will be in and both the Colts and the Texans will be out.

o

DragonTails 01-01-2024 10:28 PM

I was pretty confident about the Raiders game, but this one just feels like disappointment is coming-much like the jags game we needed to clinch.

Colts And Orioles 01-01-2024 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonTails (Post 288996)

I was pretty confident about the Raiders game, but this one just feels like disappointment is coming ......much like the Jaguars game that we needed to clinch in the final game of the 2021 season.

o

The Jaguars were an awful team in 2021.

The Texans are a pretty good team in 2023.

The Colts have a better chance at beating a pretty good team than they do of beating an awful team ...... after all, it's the Colts that we're talking about.

o

Hoopsdoc 01-02-2024 10:18 AM

Quote:

I was pretty confident about the Raiders game, but this one just feels like disappointment is coming-much like the jags game we needed to clinch.

The thought of Stroud against this defense is terrifying.

kitekrazy 01-02-2024 01:37 PM

Quote:

I feel like we can't have nice things.

Playoffs are a nice consolation prize for fans but the reality is just like the other bottom tier teams that will go into the post season, they are not good.

The NFL no longer has those 11-5 teams missing the playoffs.

Colts And Orioles 01-02-2024 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitekrazy (Post 289031)

I feel like we can't have nice things.

Playoffs are a nice consolation prize for fans but the reality is just like the other bottom tier teams that will go into the post season, they are not good.

The NFL no longer has those 11-5 teams missing the playoffs.

o

Since 1978, the only 11-5 teams to not make the playoffs were the 1985 Broncos and the 2008 Patriots.

Lots of 10-6 teams have missed the playoffs in that span (1978 through 2020.)

o

Thorgrim 01-02-2024 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 288999)
o

The Jaguars were an awful team in 2021.

The Texans are a pretty good team in 2023.

The Colts have a better chance at beating a pretty good team than they do of beating an awful team ...... after all, it's the Colts that we're talking about.

o

So C&O, this game reminds me of two games that had very different outcomes and I'm sure you remember them quite well. The regular season finales of the 77' and 89' Colts. Which outcome do you expect Saturday?

Colts And Orioles 01-02-2024 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorgrim (Post 289042)

So C&O, this game reminds me of two games that had very different outcomes, and I'm sure that you remember them quite well ...... the regular season finales of the '77 Colts, and the '89 Colts ...... which outcome do you expect Saturday ???

o

The 1977 Colts were considerably better than the 1989 Colts. The 1977 Colts were a bonafide Super Bowl contender. Eric Dickerson almost single-handedly carried the Colts to respectability for 4 consecutive seasons between 1987 and 1990. I believe that this 2023 Colts team has essentially been playing with house money since Anthony Richardson went down with an injury early in the season.

o

Thorgrim 01-02-2024 05:17 PM

Agreed. No comparison between 77' and 89' except for the circumstances going in to the last weekend regarding a playoff birth. If not for Carr's injury I believe that 77' team goes to the Super Bowl. They fought like heck tho to come back against the Pats regardless of the early whistle. Conversely, I recall how disappointed I was in the 89' Colts not showing up against the Saints with so much on the line and the distinct impression that the loss didn't sting them afterwards.

CletusPyle 01-02-2024 06:31 PM

It's great that the Colts get this prime time game, I'll be surprised if they show up!

omahacolt 01-02-2024 06:45 PM

as long as it isnt sunday night, i am good with it

Hoopsdoc 01-04-2024 04:22 PM

I have yet to see a single pundit predict the Colts will win this game.

It’s almost uncanny. I’ve seen probably 10 predictions and every single one picks the Texans.

I get the whole “in a close matchup, always go with the better quarterback” but still, being at home should count for SOMETHING.

albany ed 01-05-2024 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 289061)
It's great that the Colts get this prime time game, I'll be surprised if they show up!

What was the score you predicted in their last game?

HoosierinFL 01-05-2024 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 289213)

It’s almost uncanny. I’ve seen probably 10 predictions and every single one picks the Texans.

I get the whole “in a close matchup, always go with the better quarterback” but still, being at home should count for SOMETHING.

Plus you know, we beat them by 11 in Houston already.
Granted Stroud has developed a lot since then, but both teams have improved.

albany ed 01-05-2024 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 289213)

Last week, Eagles vs. Cardinals. I wonder how many pundits picked the Cards?

on any given Sun er Saturday.

ChaosTheory 01-05-2024 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 289266)
Plus you know, we beat them by 11 in Houston already.
Granted Stroud has developed a lot since then, but both teams have improved.

I'd expect a much tougher game. Not only Stroud, but Ryans as a coach as well as a lot of young players have had almost four months of work since our first game.

Plus, AR won't be a bolt of lightning on back-to-back TD runs to give us a 14-point lead six minutes into the game. It's going to be different.

That said, we should beat them. Minshew ended up playing almost the full game and did well. Three long drives to build up a 31-10 lead. And that's when Stroud got most of his yardage, as we played clock ball.

I hope they're locked in.