ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Darius Leonard Analysis (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52657)

Chaka 10-26-2018 04:28 PM

It's been a while since I've seen an updated analysis of Darius Leonard's work, but Stampede Blue posted the following one couple of days ago after the Bills game.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/10...ominates-again

I really like Stampede Blue's series of similar articles providing their analysis and real-world examples which illustrate their points. They have a ton of ones on Quenton Nelson and Braden Smith, if you haven't seen them already.

Dam8610 10-26-2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 88296)
It's been a while since I've seen an updated analysis of Darius Leonard's work, but Stampede Blue posted the following one couple of days ago after the Bills game.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/10...ominates-again

I really like Stampede Blue's series of similar articles providing their analysis and real-world examples which illustrate their points. They have a ton of ones on Quenton Nelson and Braden Smith, if you haven't seen them already.

This. This is what I mean. So many times in that article, the play they show should have, by design, had a much more positive result for the Bills, but Leonard's great play took those results away.

Good to see he's learning, scary to think how much better he can get.

Racehorse 10-26-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 88309)
This. This is what I mean. So many times in that article, the play they show should have, by design, had a much more positive result for the Bills, but Leonard's great play took those results away.

Good to see he's learning, scary to think how much better he can get.

You’re really grasping for straws

YDFL Commish 10-26-2018 07:37 PM

Plays 1 & 2 are impressive because it was all athleticism and pure effort. I say this because he didn't really read the plays, but reacted quickly and decisively.

Play 3 he actually didn't have gap discipline, yet still found a way to hustle to the ball and get the ball carrier down for a short gain.

Play 4, I remember seeing during the live telecast, and asking myself...did he just do that?

It is just plain scary how good Leonard will be with film study, experience and reading his keys.

None of the WILL LB's of the Dungy era, even came close to this kids ability and performance.

JAFF 10-26-2018 08:05 PM

My analysis:

He's really fucking good. In this D, Derrick Brooks. Yes, I went there.

JAFF 10-26-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 88322)
Plays 1 & 2 are impressive because it was all athleticism and pure effort. I say this because he didn't really read the plays, but reacted quickly and decisively.

Play 3 he actually didn't have gap discipline, yet still found a way to hustle to the ball and get the ball carrier down for a short gain.

Play 4, I remember seeing during the live telecast, and asking myself...did he just do that?

It is just plain scary how good Leonard will be with film study, experience and reading his keys.

None of the WILL LB's of the Dungy era, even came close to this kids ability and performance.

Dungy's Indy time. Derrick Brooks in TB

YDFL Commish 10-26-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 88327)
Dungy's Indy time. Derrick Brooks in TB

you know that I meant in Indy right?

Chromeburn 10-26-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 88322)

What I love is his talent for getting a fist on the ball and knocking it out. Some guys just have a natural ability to do that. People don’t appreciate how hard that is especially when they watch a play in slow motion 500 times. But he just gets it, while NOT sacrificing his ability to make the tackle.

Butter 10-26-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 88331)
What I love is his talent for getting a fist on the ball and knocking it out. Some guys just have a natural ability to do that. People don’t appreciate how hard that is especially when they watch a play in slow motion 500 times. But he just gets it, while NOT sacrificing his ability to make the tackle.

That not sacrificing his ability to get the tackle is huge.

1965southpaw 10-26-2018 09:52 PM

This analysis does a good job showcasing his athleticism and effort but it's missing a crucial 3rd element I think......his leadership. I always watch the warmups that the Colts livestream on Facebook before the games....forget which game it was that Leonard missed cause he was in a boot but he was in his street clothes and that boot out there with his team mates doing all the drills with them and the whole time talking to them and getting them fired up for the game......a game he wasn't going to play in, yet he still managed to make a contribution.....I cant wait to see what he'll accomplish over the next 10 years. He seems to be special.