ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Interesting analysis on just how awful the play calling was in 2017. (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45793)

JAFF 06-23-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 70644)
Why are we still having this debate? .

It's the end of June. That's why. :p

Racehorse 06-24-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 70647)
It's the end of June. That's why. :p

We do what we do

Chromeburn 06-24-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 70543)
The picture was painted pretty clear. The media was being fed constant stories about how grigson was terrible and controlling everything. Constant hit pieces on grigson and pagano always looking good.

Grigson never said a word. Although he has admitted publicly to being a dick as a gm yet hasn’t said anything that I have heard about pagano or anyone.

Pagano got all his coaches fired and recently admitted Luck got him more years than he deserved.

Not really hard to connect the dots

I heard an interview with Grigson a month or two ago and he regretted not building a better relationship with the local media. He kinda ignored them and went about his job. I’m just glad both are gone. Grigson couldn’t draft talent, and Pagano couldn’t close out games. We finally have a seemingly smart and strategic coach. And so far I like most of what the gm has done. Like the direction they are going.

omahacolt 06-24-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 70680)
I heard an interview with Grigson a month or two ago and he regretted not building a better relationship with the local media. He kinda ignored them and went about his job. I’m just glad both are gone. Grigson couldn’t draft talent, and Pagano couldn’t close out games. We finally have a seemingly smart and strategic coach. And so far I like most of what the gm has done. Like the direction they are going.

I am very excited about Reich as a coach. I have my doubts about Ballard though. Hopefully he lives up to his reputation

YDFL Commish 06-24-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 70680)

Yeah I heard that too. It was on Sirius nfl...He didn't reveL much.

DrSpaceman 07-06-2018 02:22 PM

You don't really need proof of the obvious with how bad the play calling was under Pagano.

Well at least 99% of us on here don't need proof of it. A few lonely Pagano defenders might be finally convinced.

DrSpaceman 07-06-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 70453)
Spoiled in results. This team hasn't had a truly great head coach since Shula. It hasn't had a truly terrible coach really ever, but Meyer is the closest thing I can find to one.

Pagano was terrible.

JAFF 07-07-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 71269)
Pagano was terrible.

He was consistent. You could count on every big decision to be wrong.

Chromeburn 07-08-2018 05:13 PM

Considering the salaries involved, I am astonished how bad this strategy was.