ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official 2018 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41057)

Dam8610 04-23-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 63888)
Not sure many would agree with me, but I believe Roquan Smith would make a bigger impact on this team than Nelson.

Literally any other player in Top 15 consideration that isn't a QB would have a bigger impact on this team than Nelson.

VeveJones007 04-23-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 63890)
Literally any other player in Top 15 consideration that isn't a QB would have a bigger impact on this team than Nelson.

I wouldn't go this far. Here are some guys considered top 15 talents that I wouldn't take over Nelson:

Fitzpatrick
James
Vea

Dam8610 04-23-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 63892)
I wouldn't go this far. Here are some guys considered top 15 talents that I wouldn't take over Nelson:

Fitzpatrick
James
Vea

I'd absolutely take Fitzpatrick or James over Nelson.

VeveJones007 04-23-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 63897)
I'd absolutely take Fitzpatrick or James over Nelson.

I see both as slot corners, which I value less than a dominant guard.

smitty46953 04-23-2018 12:11 PM

I hope they take Nelson if for no better reason than to watch Dammy have a complete mental meltdown ....

Want to see us protect our QB and improve running game, Nelson can do that. I won't be upset with Chubb if there at six or even if they trade back and fill more spots. Just want OL addressed early ... :cool:

VeveJones007 04-23-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 63910)
I hope they take Nelson if for no better reason than to watch Dammy have a complete mental meltdown ....

Want to see us protect our QB and improve running game, Nelson can do that. I won't be upset with Chubb if there at six or even if they trade back and fill more spots. Just want OL addressed early ... :cool:

If Chubb is off the board, I wouldn't be upset with Nelson as the pick. It's absolutely defensible--just not the route I would go.

rcubed 04-23-2018 12:53 PM

I think ballard stays at 6 unless some really crazy deal comes up.

He needs/wants a premier player and 6 is a great spot for it. The trade from 3 to 6 was excellent and we are sitting pretty.

I dont think he will take nelson at 6, I think its his highest rated D player and he takes best available OL with a 2nd round pick.

Dam8610 04-23-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 63899)
I see both as slot corners, which I value less than a dominant guard.

The best role for both is safety. I'd draft either as a safety.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 63910)

OL is a much lesser need than pretty much every defensive position, and guard isn't an impact position. Pretty much any defender the Colts could get at 6 has a chance to be a difference maker. I just don't see Nelson moving the needle all that much.

Dam8610 04-23-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 63916)
I think ballard stays at 6 unless some really crazy deal comes up.

He needs/wants a premier player and 6 is a great spot for it. The trade from 3 to 6 was excellent and we are sitting pretty.

I dont think he will take nelson at 6, I think its his highest rated D player and he takes best available OL with a 2nd round pick.

Depending on how the board falls, I could see a desperate Bills team moving up for the last QB (giving the Colts 12 & 22 for 6) or the Bears moving up for Nelson (giving up 8 & 39 for 6). If I'm Ballard, those are two trades I make (though I make damn sure the Bears are drafting Nelson before trading with them because their needs are too similar to the Colts' needs), and if I'm making the second trade, I'm looking for a way back into the late 20s with that 39th overall pick, or maybe even the 37th pick. I'd like to see the Colts come away with 4 or more new defensive players that I'm confident can be starters out of this draft. There are a lot of good defenders in the top 50, hopefully Ballard brings a few of them in.

smitty46953 04-23-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 63934)
The best role for both is safety. I'd draft either as a safety.

OL is a much lesser need than pretty much every defensive position, and guard isn't an impact position. Pretty much any defender the Colts could get at 6 has a chance to be a difference maker. I just don't see Nelson moving the needle all that much.

Still want Nelson just to watch you implode if for no other reason.... LOL :cool: