ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   quick thoughts another pagano meltdown (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27158)

DrSpaceman 11-27-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 42907)
No to banning.....I really wish you all would stop engaging them though. I don't think they really believe the bullshit they spew, they just enjoy the attention they receive from you guys....if you ignore them that would be the most severe punishment you could meet out.

Re the game....I'm generally pissed off cause I wasted time going to that shit show since I was still in town for Thanksgiving, even though I knew what would happen. Since I went to the game I didn't get on the road back to New Jersey until 4..... now I'm stuck spending the night in Pittsburgh with a 6.5 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow instead of spending the night in my own bed.

While I was on the road I created my list of priorities for the Colts for the off season:

1. Fire chuck
2. Fire the rest of the staff (except maybe special teams coach)
3. Let Ballard hire his guy
4. Use free agency to shore up the oline. Use as much money as it takes. You can't rely on the draft for this. The college game these days doesn't immediately translate to good oline play in the pros and we don't have time to develop new talent in this area or to miss on talent assessment. This Has to be addressed in free agency.
5. Use the top several picks in the draft on pass Rush and interior line
6. Find another running back with the last draft pick or with the last few free agency dollars to share the load with Mack.

Ballard should have near total control of things going forward, that is most important.

I don't trust anyone else on the coaching staff or front office at this point, especially Irsay.

And that is not to say Ballard has done a huge bang up job so far. He has been pretty good. But the others just seem incompetent.

Agree with the rest of the list though. The problems on this team come down to pass rush, OL and coaching. Coaching is the obvious one that should and will be fixed, agree top to bottom, this offseason and I can't imagine finding someone worse than the current coach and staff. The rest its draft and FA.

ANd drop TJ Green the second the season is over.

Maniac 11-27-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 42933)
The problems on this team come down to pass rush, OL and coaching.

Inside LB'ers are pretty pathetic as well.

Coaching is a given, so hopefully the next one chosen will actually be decent. As far as players on the field, to me, it's :

1) Offensive Line - Fix that shit with high draft picks and free agency if you have to. Just get some TALENT on there
2) ILB - Ours are laughably bad
3) Pass Rush
4) Another RB. We can't go another year with Gore as the lead back.
5) WR

Coltsalr 11-27-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 42947)
Inside LB'ers are pretty pathetic as well.

Coaching is a given, so hopefully the next one chosen will actually be decent. As far as players on the field, to me, it's :

1) Offensive Line - Fix that shit with high draft picks and free agency if you have to. Just get some TALENT on there
2) ILB - Ours are laughably bad
3) Pass Rush
5) WR

Can you damn the mortal souls of anyone that's still defending Pagano?

Pez 11-27-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 42947)

This year is the end of Gore's contract, I don't see him willingly returning to the shit show.

“Yeah, always want to be smart,” Pagano said.

Maniac 11-27-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 42955)
Can you damn the mortal souls of anyone that's still defending Pagano?

Shhhh...don't tell them, but I already have :eek:

Maniac 11-27-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 42970)
This year is the end of Gore's contract, I don't see him willingly returning to the shit show.

“Yeah, always want to be smart,” Pagano said.

That's fine. He would be a good backup, but we need another young RB in there.

Speaking of young RB's, what the hell happened to Hunt and KC?

sherck 11-27-2017 02:10 PM

2018 Offensive Line Cap Hits:

$10.800m = OT Anthony Castonzo
$02.850m = OC Ryan Kelly
$00.836m = OT Le'Raven Clark
$00.718m = OT Denzelle Good
$00.690m = OG Joe Haeg
$00.556m = OC Deyshawn Bond

2018 Offensive Line Free Agents:

OG Jack Mewhort (UFA)
OG Michael Person (UFA)
OT Tyreek Burwell (RFA)
OG Jeremy Vujnovich (ERFA)
OG Kyle Kalis (ERFA)

Both Vujnovich and Kalis will be back for at least Training Camp since it will only cost the Colts around $00.550m to retain them until they make the squad or are beat out and cut.

Burwell and Person are JAG at the moment and neither should be signed prior to the "value" portion of free agency.

The question on Mewhort is what does the team think he is worth and will he be willing to play for that? He has only played in 45 of a possible 64 regular season games (70.3%) and while he is above average to good when on the field...

So, going in 2018, we have a starting lineup of Castonzo / Clark / Kelly / Haeg and Good which is underwhelming. Even re-signing Mewhort to replace Clark is only going to go so far. We HAVE to increase the talent level; not just add new faces to the mix.

Looking at the 2018 cap spending above, the only guy we are paying "starter" money to is Castonzo. We have the cap ($75m) to spend on free agents and I want the line fixed. I don't care if we overspend in 2018 and 2019 to find the right guys. I want the line fixed.

To repeat, I DON'T CARE IF WE OVERSPEND IN 2018 AND 2019 ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE.....I WANT IT FIXED!!!!!!

My plan?

1. Sign one Offensive Tackle in Free Agency (under 30; more than 32 games as NFL starter)
2. Sign one Offensive Guard in Free Agency (under 30; more than 32 games as NFL starter)
3. Use 1st round draft pick on OT. If one is worthy of the top ten pick, use it. If one is not, then trade down to collect more picks and pick best OT in the middle of the 1st round.
4. Use 3rd or 4th round pick on OG

That adds 2 OTs and 2 OGs to the mix of Castonzo, Good, Haeg, Clark, Kelly and possibily Mewhort to then find the best 5 guys (4 guys plus Kelly) to put on the field.

I DON"T CARE if we end up paying our OT3 $10.8m in 2018 to be a backup (Castonzo). If he gets beat out by 2 other guys for OT duties, then he gets beat out and he is quality depth. I don't care if we end up paying Mewhort $4m a year to re-sign him and he ends up being OG3. I want the best 5 guys starting AND quality depth behind them.

I DON'T CARE if we overpay the O-Line by $10m or $15m in cap space for 2018 and 2019 if it fixes the O-Line. A fixed O-Line protects Luck, improves our passing and running games and makes our team that much better!

FIX THE O-LINE!!!!

2nd round pick, one of 3rd/4th round pick and about $55m in salary cap space to help improve the defense. Yeah, we can do that.

Granted, a portion of that salary cap space will need to be spent on guys like Mingo, Desir, Melvin and probably Bostic but it will be money well spent. Mingo, Desir and Melvin are all playing well and my guess is that we cannot remake the ILB position in one off-season without including Bostic in the mix.

Walk Worthy,

Pez 11-27-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 42975)
Speaking of young RB's, what the hell happened to Hunt and KC?

No shit... I'm convinced that Hunt and Aaron Rodgers took a payoff from someone (I legit suspect it was Tom Brady) to wreck my fantasy team.

YDFL Commish 11-27-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

To repeat, I DON'T CARE IF WE OVERSPEND IN 2018 AND 2019 ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE.....I WANT IT FIXED!!!!!!
I agree. Do whatever it takes. This is Priority #1!

omahacolt 11-27-2017 06:03 PM

fixing the oline is priority but i wouldn't go with our 1st pick there. we should be high enough to land a quality pass rusher. a 2nd round rt can be had or sign a guy in free agency.

realistically we won't add 3 new starters to the line.