ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   so Donald Trump (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=899)

omahacolt 02-27-2017 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 3518)
IMO, the issue with pot laws are the same with alcohol laws. Both impair your ability to make good decisions in rapid situations (i.e. driving) and both need to be regulated in order to try and prevent harm from that situation. You often just don't harm yourself in those situations.

The biggest issue? It is fairly hard for anyone besides a hard core alcoholic to mask the signs of alcohol impairment. However, with MJ acting in much more subdued ways physically, it is easier to mask the impairment when under its influence.

And, unfortunately, people under the influence of either rarely have the ability to decide when they are impaired so as to use it responsibly so then tragedy can happen.

I think the glue is out of the bottle and that MJ will be legalized across the nation within a decade. But, with states now wanting to get into the tax revenue of it, there is no going backwards.

I have never wanted to smoke it (due to having a security clearance since I was 21 years old and in junior ROTC / college ROTC for the 8 years prior to that) but I don't really have an issue with anyone else doing so AS LONG AS IT IS RESPONSIBLE AND LEGAL.

Cheers,

it will have to go state per state. trump is saddled up with big pharma. and there is no way in 10 years a backwards ass state like nebraska is going to do it.

smitty46953 02-27-2017 07:54 PM

This thread looks like a Trump haters circle jerk ... :cool:

omahacolt 02-27-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 3546)

everyone should be a trump hater

he has zero redeeming qualities

GoBigBlue88 02-27-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 3546)

Well, if there's nothing to celebrate, and he's a gross human being...

It's OK if the shoe fits.

Brylok 03-02-2017 12:42 AM

And now our Attorney General has been linked to meetings with Russia during the campaign and lied about it during his confirmation hearing. Again, how is this normal? How again is our very democracy not going bye-bye? Fascism is here...for real.

MDcolt 03-02-2017 01:26 AM

Agreed. the people that voted for Trump for America just blew their wad on a fucking crook who fucks over the middle class, pays no taxes, and wants to lead our country like a strong leader.... Putin, yeah the dude that kills news reporters, invades other countries, just approved a law allowing others to slap the fuck out of others without it being a crime. I am Still shocked that I live in a country with so many ignorant people or crazy assholes. It is insane to me people thought his shit speech was so great last night. In comparison to his insane shit he preached during the campaign, yeah it was at least structured, but still horrible.

And let me just state this to any racist islamophobe that may read this. I am a white male physician. but many "brown" legal immigrants, visa holders etc were affected by this recent travel ban. Including 10 thousand mother fucking doctors. all those. There was not a single sorry, apology, acknowledgment of their colossal fuck up. Just wait until your rights become reduced, I'll be happy to hear what you have to say then

Brylok 03-02-2017 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDcolt (Post 3878)
Agreed. the people that voted for Trump for America just blew their wad on a fucking crook who fucks over the middle class, pays no taxes, and wants to lead our country like a strong leader.... Putin, yeah the dude that kills news reporters, invades other countries, just approved a law allowing others to slap the fuck out of others without it being a crime. I am Still shocked that I live in a country with so many ignorant people or crazy assholes. It is insane to me people thought his shit speech was so great last night. In comparison to his insane shit he preached during the campaign, yeah it was at least structured, but still horrible.

And let me just state this to any racist islamophobe that may read this. I am a white male physician. but many "brown" legal immigrants, visa holders etc were affected by this recent travel ban. Including 10 thousand mother fucking doctors. all those. There was not a single sorry, apology, acknowledgment of their colossal fuck up. Just wait until your rights become reduced, I'll be happy to hear what you have to say then

Every empire in world history has eventually fallen. If nothing is done, it sure looks like it's our turn. I never thought I'd see the day. My tax return might go towards weapons and ammo.

Pez 03-02-2017 11:57 AM

Some neat shit I read the other day. Vegas is offering 2:1 odds if you want to bet that he will be impeached. And they are offering 4:1 odds that the golden shower footage will be on youtube....

I also find it very interesting that in his address to congress the other night, he received accolades for sounding normal, even presidential.

How low is the bar when our president receives accolades for, essentially, sounding sane?

Brylok 03-02-2017 11:41 PM

Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner also met with Russian officials in December 2016. Is there anyone in the Trump administration that hasn't colluded with the Russians?

GoBigBlue88 03-03-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 3877)
And now our Attorney General has been linked to meetings with Russia during the campaign and lied about it during his confirmation hearing. Again, how is this normal? How again is our very democracy not going bye-bye? Fascism is here...for real.

I'm pretty concerned that the GOP has basically co-opted treason. The same GOP that literally tried to dress up Trump like Ronald Reagan at the onset of his campaigning as a Republican.

You could power the entire East Coast with Ronnie's grave-rolling right now.

Puck 03-03-2017 01:21 PM

Why were all of you so silent with Hillary's criminal activity? What about Obama ?

It wouldnt have matter to most of you who was president as long as it wan't a republican

rcubed 03-03-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puck (Post 4081)
... As long as it wan't trump

Pez 03-03-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 4081)
It wouldnt have matter to most of you who was president as long as it wan't a republican

A lot of stereotypical social justice liberals feel this way. I'm just left of center on the whole, have never voted for a republican. I'm pro gun, pro choice, pro single payer, anti union... I'm disgusted by Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnel in equal amounts.

So yea, I see what you are saying, some people are just ANTI people. If a republican thought of it it's a horrible idea, and part of the obvious right wing conspiracy. Look to Mitch McConnel? Wasnt it the day after the inaguration that he said he wanted Obama to fail and wanted his single most important goal to be to make Obama a one term president? How about Donald Trump himself riding the birth certificate train? Are these the actions of people who want America to succeed?

Like I've posted on McConnel's twitter a hundred times:

Galations 6:7 "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows"

omahacolt 03-03-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Why were all of you so silent with Hillary's criminal activity? What about Obama ?

it would depend on the republican. i would have no problem voting for a republican if he werent a racist, religiously bigoted, dickwad

omahacolt 03-03-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 4095)
A lot of stereotypical social justice liberals feel this way. I'm just left of center on the whole, have never voted for a republican. I'm pro gun, pro choice, pro single payer, anti union... I'm disgusted by Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnel in equal amounts.

So yea, I see what you are saying, some people are just ANTI people. If a republican thought of it it's a horrible idea, and part of the obvious right wing conspiracy. Look to Mitch McConnel? Wasnt it the day after the inaguration that he said he wanted Obama to fail and wanted his single most important goal to be to make Obama a one term president? How about Donald Trump himself riding the birth certificate train? Are these the actions of people who want America to succeed?

Like I've posted on McConnel's twitter a hundred times:

Galations 6:7 "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows"

why are you anti union? this country needs some strong unions again. corporations have kept pay down for way too long. benefits are eroding.

Colts2006 03-03-2017 08:55 PM

Quote:

Nowadays...its all about whether they have a D or an R after their name......

Dam8610 03-03-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

If there was a Republican that represented my political ideology, I'd vote for that person. The likelihood of that happening is roughly the same as the likelihood of the Cleveland Browns winning the Super Bowl next year. Party doesn't really matter to me, ideology does, but the way things are structured currently, ideology and party are very closely tied to one another.

GoBigBlue88 03-04-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts2006 (Post 4142)
Nowadays...its all about whether they have a D or an R after their name......

No; Trump transcends that. C'mon. You really don't think the reaction would be the same if he identified as Democrat? He's a unique case of trainwreck.

nate505 03-04-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 3423)
This jumped out to me too. I just read something about 150,000 jobs being created in this niche.

I took my wife to Denver last November (I live in Atlanta). Honestly, My jaw hit the ground when I watched people walk in and out of those recreational dispensaries like it was a liquor store. I watched one guy walk down the street with a brown paper bag full of trees, or cookies, or whatever - and it's no problem. If the same guy is walking with the same bag here in Atlanta - his life might be fucked if APD stops him.

It was fascinating for me personally because I had never experienced something like this before. My family moved from Indianapolis when I was 14, and I've spent close to the last 13 years here in Atlanta. Outside of your basic deep south race relations stuff, Indiana and Georgia aren't that much different when it comes to every day people and every day life. But Colorado, and Denver specifically, gave me a feeling like I was in an entirely different country. People in Colorado are doing this shit for fun, and people where I'm from are doing it in fear (even the parents that have to illegally go out of state to obtain medicinal forms of cannabis for their children because Georgia will only allow absurdly weak (potency) forms.).

These people in Colorado had liberties (even over their own bodies) that I am not afforded in my home. And they voted for these liberties and decided as a state this is how they wanted to operate. Friction was probably inevitable because Sessions has always made it clear how he felt about Marijuana, but Trump said he felt it should be up to the states.

Does the white house actually intend to go out here and start hitting these legal spots? And for the conservatives out there that perceive Marijuana to be a non issue, what happened to your respect for state rights? I can understand someone saying they don't agree with Marijuana legalization; I can't understand the hypocrisy of suggesting a state doesn't have the right to choose how they operate here.

I agree, and I just don't understand his motivation from a political point of view. Perhaps this is one issue where Trump and Sessions will let their principles win out, even if I personally despise his principles.

nate505 03-04-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 3518)
IMO, the issue with pot laws are the same with alcohol laws. Both impair your ability to make good decisions in rapid situations (i.e. driving) and both need to be regulated in order to try and prevent harm from that situation. You often just don't harm yourself in those situations.

The biggest issue? It is fairly hard for anyone besides a hard core alcoholic to mask the signs of alcohol impairment. However, with MJ acting in much more subdued ways physically, it is easier to mask the impairment when under its influence.

And, unfortunately, people under the influence of either rarely have the ability to decide when they are impaired so as to use it responsibly so then tragedy can happen.

I think the glue is out of the bottle and that MJ will be legalized across the nation within a decade. But, with states now wanting to get into the tax revenue of it, there is no going backwards.

I have never wanted to smoke it (due to having a security clearance since I was 21 years old and in junior ROTC / college ROTC for the 8 years prior to that) but I don't really have an issue with anyone else doing so AS LONG AS IT IS RESPONSIBLE AND LEGAL.

Cheers,

The reason it's difficult to mask someone hammered vs someone stoned is the fact that someone hammered is typically more impaired than the stoned person. It's pretty hard to mask someone stoned to the point they can't function well either.

To put it another way, if someone has like 2-3 beers or whatever and they have a BAC of, say, 0.08 or so they are impaired but enough to mask it. If they drank the whole 12 pack and their BAC is at, say, 0.16 or whatever it becomes more difficult. Same with weed, though there isn't as precise a test to measure active THC levels as opposed to BAC.

While both drugs can have negative effects on a person, I struggle to see how an objective person can say that they are equal. Alcohol is a CNS depressant, and by its nature it makes it impairs motor function. It's why drunk driving is so dangerous compared to almost any other drug. It's hard to operate machinery when your own machinery doesn't operate well.

From a more anecdotal POV, alcohol tends to bring out the violence in people I almost never see with weed. I think most people agree with that. I mean, look at the Parry thread. "He stole a golf cart and punched a guy? What the fuck is his problem? Oh, he was drunk? That explains it."

On your general point (I think) I agree that both need to be regulated.

Mr. Session 03-05-2017 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 4200)
The reason it's difficult to mask someone hammered vs someone stoned is the fact that someone hammered is typically more impaired than the stoned person. It's pretty hard to mask someone stoned to the point they can't function well either.

To put it another way, if someone has like 2-3 beers or whatever and they have a BAC of, say, 0.08 or so they are impaired but enough to mask it. If they drank the whole 12 pack and their BAC is at, say, 0.16 or whatever it becomes more difficult. Same with weed, though there isn't as precise a test to measure active THC levels as opposed to BAC.

While both drugs can have negative effects on a person, I struggle to see how an objective person can say that they are equal. Alcohol is a CNS depressant, and by its nature it makes it impairs motor function. It's why drunk driving is so dangerous compared to almost any other drug. It's hard to operate machinery when your own machinery doesn't operate well.

From a more anecdotal POV, alcohol tends to bring out the violence in people I almost never see with weed. I think most people agree with that. I mean, look at the Parry thread. "He stole a golf cart and punched a guy? What the fuck is his problem? Oh, he was drunk? That explains it."

On your general point (I think) I agree that both need to be regulated.

He admitted his experience with/knowledge of the drug is minimal. A lot people who have not been around it very much may feel the same way.

I don't think that warrants a debate in this thread, but I will say that alcohol has been one of the main factors in some of the most violent things I have ever witnessed in life.

Pez 03-06-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 4129)
why are you anti union? this country needs some strong unions again. corporations have kept pay down for way too long. benefits are eroding.

Probably anecdotal more than anything. When I was a kid my dad lost two jobs because of closed shop union type stuff.

I guess I'm not really anti-union as much as I am against the labor union infrastructure that surrounds large unions like the AFL-CIO etc... union leaders make tons of cash while doing a questionable job representing their members. Members who are often those in most need of representation.

I agree with you that wage growth and benefit have become stagnant, but I am not that our current labor unions are doing much to fix that.

omahacolt 03-06-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 4370)
Probably anecdotal more than anything. When I was a kid my dad lost two jobs because of closed shop union type stuff.

I guess I'm not really anti-union as much as I am against the labor union infrastructure that surrounds large unions like the AFL-CIO etc... union leaders make tons of cash while doing a questionable job representing their members. Members who are often those in most need of representation.

I agree with you that wage growth and benefit have become stagnant, but I am not that our current labor unions are doing much to fix that.

what labor unions?

there isn't much left. there are some really good strong unions out there. driving pay up and still bidding work at a very competitive wage so that the customer is still getting good pricing.

Puck 03-06-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 4409)
what labor unions?

there isn't much left. there are some really good strong unions out there. driving pay up and still bidding work at a very competitive wage so that the customer is still getting good pricing.

Are you the one that uses the shovel or are you one of the 3 that is just there to lean on the shovel?

omahacolt 03-06-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 4417)
Are you the one that uses the shovel or are you one of the 3 that is just there to lean on the shovel?

i have never been in a union. but i have been around a lot of them and that is not how shit is done.

now government workers, absolutely are like that

Pez 03-07-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 4409)
what labor unions?

one was the BCTGM, I dont remember the other, it was 35 years ago. My dad made bread and cake for Dolly Madison, which later became interstate brands, which eventually bought hostess...

He started in sanitation and then got axed because the plant became a closed shop and he refused to pay union dues. He was hired again in maintenance and got axed over some weird seniority thing, I was young at the time and don't remember all the details.

Puck 03-07-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 4422)
i have never been in a union. but i have been around a lot of them and that is not how shit is done.

now government workers, absolutely are like that

of course you're not in a union... they don't have unions for unemployed street beggars

omahacolt 04-07-2017 06:51 PM

so yeah.

this dude is still a piece of shit

Dam8610 04-07-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 9055)
so yeah.

this dude is still a piece of shit

In other news, water is wet.

Chromeburn 04-17-2017 03:46 PM

So, I just couldn't see what others saw in Trump. All I saw was a blowhard used car salesman and extreme narcissist. He seemed really under qualified for the job. He just talked louder and insulted more than everyone else. I can understand wanting an outsider to come in and shake up Washington, but this guy seemed crazy to me. I still don't get it and now the guy legitimately seems dangerous. Getting in a staring contest with North Korea could wind up killing millions of people. They can level Seoul, Toyko, Osaka in a day. I don't know, they guy seemed crazy, impulsive and reckless and still seems that way.

GoBigBlue88 05-09-2017 08:50 AM

But the people still have their guns, which is all that matters to a terrifyingly high percentage of the population. CUZ OBAMA WAS TRYING TO TAKE THEM FROM US YOU KNOW

FatDT 05-10-2017 01:15 PM

The beginning of the end. Trump and his people are done and it's just a matter of time. You can't just fire the guy investigating you. Especially when the reasons you give are the things you praised the guy for earlier this year. Nixon tried this and it's what brought him down. I don't care who you are. Even the most conservative out there have to look at this and be disgusted.

This is what I and many have been saying all along. Trump is a fraud. He doesn't and never did care about the Republican agenda, or the plight of blue collar workers, or conservative christian values. He is about himself, doing what he wants, and making money. He's not advancing anyone's agenda but his own. He only picked the Republican party because it was the easiest path.

Maybe this can be something that draws partisan people together and we can stop being so polarized. Wouldn't that be something.

GoBigBlue88 05-10-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 13174)
Maybe this can be something that draws partisan people together and we can stop being so polarized. Wouldn't that be something.

No way, unfortunately. Too many people are still treating this like a football game. My team/your team. I mean, Trump literally accelerates that philosophy with (hilariously bad) football metaphors.

Brylok 05-10-2017 03:13 PM

...is currently in a closed door meeting with Lavrov and Kislyak, two of Russians who tampered with the election. American press was not allowed inside. Russian press was. Nothing fishy about any of this, of course.

omahacolt 05-11-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 13187)
...is currently in a closed door meeting with Lavrov and Kislyak, two of Russians who tampered with the election. American press was not allowed inside. Russian press was. Nothing fishy about any of this, of course.

nope

nothing at all. this dude is a fucking disaster.

GoBigBlue88 05-11-2017 10:15 PM

Give him a chance!

Hilary would be worse!

Mexicans!

Guns!

Brylok 05-11-2017 11:07 PM

Being a constitutional democracy was getting boring anyway. I know! Let's become an authoritarian vassal state of Russia with Trump as Putin's man in charge. #MAGA
This is a catastrophe we might not recover from as a nation.

Racehorse 05-12-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 13175)
No way, unfortunately. Too many people are still treating this like a football game. My team/your team. I mean, Trump literally accelerates that philosophy with (hilariously bad) football metaphors.

True! Obama was not as bad as many Republicans claim and Trump will not be nearly as bad as the liberal marshmallows fear.

Pez 05-12-2017 10:57 AM

I was just going to comment on how rough Trump's week was, but to be honest, I'm completely fucking speechless....

omahacolt 05-12-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 13355)
I was just going to comment on how rough Trump's week was, but to be honest, I'm completely fucking speechless....

Politicians are spineless so there is no accountability