ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   8 of 9 (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62723)

Dam8610 12-18-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 99177)
Both losing increases our odds. Now, if Tennessee would lose this weekend, too, it would be even nicer.

Houston losing on top of all that would be even better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck (Post 99186)
You just want everything dont you?:cool:

Yes.

Pez 12-18-2018 07:59 PM

I was hoping this thread would take off and replace that other horribly titled thread.

Luck4Reich 12-18-2018 08:43 PM

Not for lack of trying Pez

Coltsalr 12-18-2018 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 99151)
Doesn’t Balt play the Chargers? I don’t know how motivated the Chargers will be having clinched a spot now.

It’s either they keep the #1 seed and have homefield throughout the playoffs if they play in wild card weekend on the road.

They should be PLENTY motivated. Also, plenty rested. The Ravens on the other hand will be traveling cross country on short rest.

Coltsalr 12-18-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 99226)
Houston losing on top of all that would be even better.

Houston losing would put the Cheats back in the first round bye.

No thanks. Go Texans!

Dam8610 12-18-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 99244)

No thanks. Go Texans!

And leave the possibility of the Colts winning the division and getting a home game open. More concerned about that than potential benefits for the Cheats.

Pez 12-19-2018 06:59 AM

It amazes me that the colts are in this situation, and how different this situation could be if we had managed to win that first Houston game, or win the second Jacksonville game.

It's only smart to go for it on 4th down if you make it.

Coltsalr 12-19-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 99263)
And leave the possibility of the Colts winning the division and getting a home game open. More concerned about that than potential benefits for the Cheats.

The Colts would then need the Texans to lose the next week at home to a Jaguars team that cant wait to get on the golf course.

That’s not gonna happen. Need to root for what’s more realistic. Or against, in this instance. The Cheats sliming their way into advantageous situations has been a motif for the last decade plus. I want it to end here.

Pez 12-19-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 99244)

No thanks. Go Texans!

I'm of the same sentiment. Even though the playoff implications for us were horrible, I took great pleasure in the Steelers beating the Patriots last week. In the grand schema Of things, we aren't supposed to make the playoffs anyway.

IF we do make the playoffs, we wont do so with any real solid concern over who has the first round bye and HFA.

Pez 12-19-2018 08:53 AM

Racehorse and I discussed a few threads back about the value of playoff experience, and if that was more valuable than a potentially higher draft pick. I argues that since our pick order would not be too adversely affected (16th vs 14th I think), I argued that playoff experience would be more valuable than missing the playoffs for a better pick.

While I am still of that opinion, it occurs to me that the experience of the games we are in now is a heck of a lot more valuable than a single playoff game.

The colts were 1-5, and are knocking on the door to the playoffs. While we still need help, the things that are within this team's control are very clearly defined. The colts had to win against the texans, they did. The colts had to win against Dallas, they did. We must win against the Giants, we must win against the tacks.

The experience this team is gaining by achieving success when failure means our season is over is really as valuable, if not more valuable than a one-and-done playoff run.

There's a great deal of talk from players like TY and coaches like Reich, Eberflus and DeGuglielmo about players buying in to the system, the philosophy and culture being a big part of being able to go 7 of 8 during this stretch.

Imagine how that philosophy / culture will become part of this team if we are able to win 9 of 10 and get into the playoffs.

(dammit that fsking jags game)