ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Two teams want VD (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23700)

omahacolt 10-29-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 37509)
A 5th and I say do it.

why though?

then you have no chance to bring him back. a 5th isn't worth it. i am not sold on we have to move on from him next year.

Coltsalr 10-29-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 37514)
why though?

then you have no chance to bring him back. a 5th isn't worth it. i am not sold on we have to move on from him next year.

Well I mean technically no, you could always bring him back as a UFA.

But I’m operating from the premise that right or wrong, agree or disagree, that Ballard isn’t giving Vontae big money in this offseason. That seems completely counter to the MO that we’ve seen thus far. I could be wrong, but I think he sees himself as phasing out a lot of the high priced guys.

So with that being the case, a 5th is better than nothing. I would be interested to see if a team might be interested in a package deal of Gore/Davis and see if we can get an antsy contender to give up a 4th if they think it’ll put them over the top.

omahacolt 10-29-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 37559)
Well I mean technically no, you could always bring him back as a UFA.

But I’m operating from the premise that right or wrong, agree or disagree, that Ballard isn’t giving Vontae big money in this offseason. That seems completely counter to the MO that we’ve seen thus far. I could be wrong, but I think he sees himself as phasing out a lot of the high priced guys.

So with that being the case, a 5th is better than nothing. I would be interested to see if a team might be interested in a package deal of Gore/Davis and see if we can get an antsy contender to give up a 4th if they think it’ll put them over the top.

Not worth it

DrSpaceman 10-29-2017 09:47 PM

I am not giving up Davis for lower than a 3rd round pick.

A 4th or a 5th? No way.

apballin 10-29-2017 09:47 PM

I'd say take what you can get, he's falling fast he makes too much for his piss poor bullshit

omahacolt 10-29-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 37595)
I'd say take what you can get, he's falling fast he makes too much for his piss poor bullshit

Says the dude that loves tj green and pagano

apballin 10-29-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 37602)
Says the dude that loves tj green and pagano

He got roasted for a TD by theBengals 4th string WR GTFO

DrSpaceman 10-29-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 37604)

That seemed to be on the safety on the replay. He broke for the shorter route that was already covered and left the middle open

ChoppedWood 10-29-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 37604)

He has been getting roasted for over a year now- he's quit, which is exactly what he did in Miami.

apballin 10-29-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 37614)
That seemed to be on the safety on the replay. He broke for the shorter route that was already covered and left the middle open

When VD was at his best NO WR got that type of separation on him safety help or not