ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Offensive Line (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56691)

VeveJones007 11-13-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 91592)
I think we would have been happy with several players. It was a very good draft. I have to say Nelson is having a bigger impact than any rookie guard I have seen. That helps ease the use of a top ten pick. I just hope we aren’t searching for a pass rusher for the next five years.

It's early and only one source, but Matt Miller has 16 DLs/EDGEs on his top 32 big board. There should be really good players available in round 1 and in the top of round 2.

Oldcolt 11-13-2018 03:40 PM

The way this line is playing, especially compared to what we Freaks have been having to endure for what seems like forever, we have gotten exceptional value out of those draft picks.

smitty46953 11-13-2018 03:51 PM

Someone mentioned earlier this season how we could have had Hernandez later and went with D at #6. Anyone see how bad Hernandez looked against Titans ? Sure glad we went with Nelson, light years ahead of what I watched. :cool:

sherck 11-13-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 91617)
Someone mentioned earlier this season how we could have had Hernandez later and went with D at #6. Anyone see how bad Hernandez looked against Titans ? Sure glad we went with Nelson, light years ahead of what I watched. :cool:

Hernandez has looked solid for a rookie starter but his other O-linemen are a hot mess and the Tits was a brutal game for him.

That said, I am glad we grabbed Nelson.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

smitty46953 11-13-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 91621)
Hernandez has looked solid for a rookie starter but his other O-linemen are a hot mess and the Tits was a brutal game for him.

That said, I am glad we grabbed Nelson.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

First I have watched the Pats this year and paid attention to him. Yes that game was brutal for Hernandez. :cool:

Oldcolt 11-13-2018 05:32 PM

Hernandez doesn't even begin to bring what Nelson does. Nelson elevates the entire line by the tenor he helps set, the extreme physicality that he plays with and his amazing ability as a pulling lineman. He has the ability to dominate his man by himself and help destroy lineman with double teams. Its a mental uplift for us and a mental toll on the opposition. It's gotta wear on you. The guys a rock that fits in perfectly. He ain't perfect, he gets beat, but he is damn good.

JAFF 11-13-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 91590)
yeah I get that taking a guard at 6 and 2 OL in first two rounds was not sexy but its reaping benefits. If we have a strong line for years to come it was worth it.

The AFC south opponent defenses bullied the Colts the last couple of years. Now the Colts are the BULLIES. About damn time

Butter 11-13-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 91646)
The AFC south opponent defenses bullied the Colts the last couple of years. Now the Colts are the BULLIES. About damn time

Hopefully, after a few solid UFA additions and another brilliant draft, the D can start to do a bit of the same.

Chromeburn 11-13-2018 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 91633)
Hernandez doesn't even begin to bring what Nelson does. Nelson elevates the entire line by the tenor he helps set, the extreme physicality that he plays with and his amazing ability as a pulling lineman. He has the ability to dominate his man by himself and help destroy lineman with double teams. Its a mental uplift for us and a mental toll on the opposition. It's gotta wear on you. The guys a rock that fits in perfectly. He ain't perfect, he gets beat, but he is damn good.

Imagine what will happen when he starts figuring things out.

YDFL Commish 11-13-2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 91656)
Imagine what will happen when he starts figuring things out.

This is so true. I think that he was so dominant in college that didn't have to routinely use good technique. That's why he's gotten beaten by quickness and even gotten rag dolled a few times.

He's now beginning to dominate at the NFL level because his technique is improving and much more consistent.

What DB or LB wants to be in his path when he's getting to the 2nd level?