ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Funchess out for rest of season (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90181)

Chaka 12-04-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 146165)
Gotta double down on your one year investment.

I know you're being sarcastic, but I think there's some truth to that. Ballard obviously likes Funchess and thinks he's a difference maker based upon how he rushed to sign him and paid top dollar for him, but he really never got to see him play and to find out whether his assessment was correct. If I was Ballard, I'd still want to have the guy on the team, and I'd be motivated to resign him for the exact same reasons he was motivated to sign him earlier this year - maybe even moreso, given the criticism now being expressed about the signing due to the injury.

As for those decrying the loss of Cain, nothing against him or anything but the guy has caught exactly 2 passes for the Steelers. Can we give it a bit more time before fitting him for the gold jacket? Keep in mind that even the Steelers weren't interested in him when he was first cut by the Colts and was available to every team as a free agent. Nobody claimed him. It wasn't until he was added to the practice squad that he was signed away. And I don't recall a whole lot of tears shed here when he was originally cut - just a lot of "best of luck to him, sorry it didn't work out" kind of stuff. Now the guy has a (tiny) bit of success with the Steelers and suddenly he's an example of poor roster management - I thought you wished him well? Gimme a break.

apballin 12-04-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 146170)
Ol' apballin only shows up when the team is struggling. Don't take him too seriously

Bullshit I’m always on here. Just because I don’t post everyday don’t mean shit. Sometimes I just read and you guys have covered all the issues or I agree with what’s said. I was one of the main people talking most off the ledge when Luck retired

Chromeburn 12-04-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 146221)
I know you're being sarcastic, but I think there's some truth to that. Ballard obviously likes Funchess and thinks he's a difference maker based upon how he rushed to sign him and paid top dollar for him, but he really never got to see him play and to find out whether his assessment was correct. If I was Ballard, I'd still want to have the guy on the team, and I'd be motivated to resign him for the exact same reasons he was motivated to sign him earlier this year - maybe even moreso, given the criticism now being expressed about the signing due to the injury.

As for those decrying the loss of Cain, nothing against him or anything but the guy has caught exactly 2 passes for the Steelers. Can we give it a bit more time before fitting him for the gold jacket? Keep in mind that even the Steelers weren't interested in him when he was first cut by the Colts and was available to every team as a free agent. Nobody claimed him. It wasn't until he was added to the practice squad that he was signed away. And I don't recall a whole lot of tears shed here when he was originally cut - just a lot of "best of luck to him, sorry it didn't work out" kind of stuff. Now the guy has a (tiny) bit of success with the Steelers and suddenly he's an example of poor roster management - I thought you wished him well? Gimme a break.

Didn’t you get the memo? Cain is the greatest receiver to play the position. I think you might be mixing me up with someone else.

I don’t care about Cain, he did zero for us. I think we need to fix the QB first before it will impact the receivers. To me, this was essentially Cain’s rookie year, he belonged on the practice squad or at the end of the depth chart. He also regressed from the guy they saw in camp.

As for Funchess I would likely move on and invest in a draft pick. It’s a great WR class and there are guys with the same physical attributes as Funchess who will be younger, cheaper, and maybe have better hands. I wasn’t big on Funchess bc his hands are inconsistent and I thought we already had a big play TE with inconsistent hands.

Anyway a good QB will make the WRs better. But this HAS to be addressed in the off season. You need a passing game in this league, you can’t just run the ball all the time.

apballin 12-04-2019 05:51 PM

I’m just sick of nobody holding Ballard accountable because he drafted 2 all pros it’s like he gets a pass on everything now

Chaka 12-04-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 146232)
Didn’t you get the memo? Cain is the greatest receiver to play the position. I think you might be mixing me up with someone else.

Didn't intend to direct that part of my comment at you specifically, just those have been vocal recently about the Cain's performance with the Steelers.

Brylok 12-04-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 146233)
I’m just sick of nobody holding Ballard accountable because he drafted 2 all pros it’s like he gets a pass on everything now

No, you're just sick of nobody else agreeing with your opinion of Chris Ballard, so you come on here and state it over and over again. How exactly would anyone here hold him accountable anyway? Stand outside his house with signs or something? Petition Jim Irsay on Twitter? I'm sure he'd be concerned about apballin and some people from the internet wanting to hold him accountable. C'mon man...

omahacolt 12-04-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Coming from the dude that backed Pagano until the end.

Puck 12-04-2019 09:29 PM

Quote:

Sooooooo. Where should have he drafted differently?

apballin 12-04-2019 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 146281)
Sooooooo. Where should have he drafted differently?

I’d take Samuel, Brown, or Metcalf over Campbell

And anybody over Rock ya-sin

apballin 12-04-2019 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 146257)
No, you're just sick of nobody else agreeing with your opinion of Chris Ballard, so you come on here and state it over and over again. How exactly would anyone here hold him accountable anyway? Stand outside his house with signs or something? Petition Jim Irsay on Twitter? I'm sure he'd be concerned about apballin and some people from the internet wanting to hold him accountable. C'mon man...

Pagano is a good coach, he got another job as I said he would when everybody here said no way in hell. Nobody on here mentions Ballards fuck ups this season, I’m talking about on here not social media bs

Chromeburn 12-04-2019 11:44 PM

Quote:

He’s done pretty well in the draft. And got blindsided by a coach and a QB. Either of which could be the downfall of any other GM. I think he succeeded in finding a good coach. Now it’s up to him and his staff to fill the toughest position in sports.

I do think he gets a pass too much. Sitting on that much money is kind of ridiculous. I don’t care what your philosophy is. But he has done some good things and we have lots of young players that show promise. I don’t like everything about Ballard, but I think he has shown more than a lot of GMs.

omahacolt 12-05-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 146288)
Pagano is a good coach, he got another job as I said he would when everybody here said no way in hell. Nobody on here mentions Ballards fuck ups this season, I’m talking about on here not social media bs

Pagano is not a good coach. Stop pretending he is

rm1369 12-05-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 146232)

As for Funchess I would likely move on and invest in a draft pick. It’s a great WR class and there are guys with the same physical attributes as Funchess who will be younger, cheaper, and maybe have better hands. I wasn’t big on Funchess bc his hands are inconsistent and I thought we already had a big play TE with inconsistent hands.

They need to do both. They have exactly one known quality WR in TY. We know next to nothing about Campbell and rookies don’t often make an instant impact at WR. That is way too thin. It doesn’t have to be Funchess, but they need to acquire someone they believe in that has more than 30 career catches going in to next season.

Brylok 12-05-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

I didn't say anything about Pagano. You don't even know who you're replying to. Your shit is tired, yo. Take it somewhere else

Chromeburn 12-05-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 146311)
They need to do both. They have exactly one known quality WR in TY. We know next to nothing about Campbell and rookies don’t often make an instant impact at WR. That is way too thin. It doesn’t have to be Funchess, but they need to acquire someone they believe in that has more than 30 career catches going in to next season.

I'm fine with that. I would bring in a guy with solid hands and is willing to teach as well. Here is the predicted FA list for next year. I think tackling the issue through FA and the draft is a good way to address it. If they draft a QB it is usually common practice to draft some receivers that can grow with him as well.

https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-nfl-free-agent-list/

apballin 12-05-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 146324)
I didn't say anything about Pagano. You don't even know who you're replying to. Your shit is tired, yo. Take it somewhere else

I kno wat u said, don’t listen to him he doesn’t have 5,000 posts

I was driving, I ain’t goin nowhere

Your mad because I call it like it is

You don’t run shit

I come here to talk shit when they deserve it, fuck that that’s why we’re here if they play good I’m happy and I’ll praise them but if they are fucking up im coming here to talk shit if we can’t talk shit here might as well go to Colts.com or blue stampede where it’s all pom poms and blue rainbows

apballin 12-05-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 146306)

If he was that bad he wouldn’t have a job

YDFL Commish 12-05-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 146306)

Only Pagano could fuck up the Bears defense and eat spaghetti for Thanksgiving.

YDFL Commish 12-05-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 146339)
I'm fine with that. I would bring in a guy with solid hands and is willing to teach as well. Here is the predicted FA list for next year. I think tackling the issue through FA and the draft is a good way to address it. If they draft a QB it is usually common practice to draft some receivers that can grow with him as well.

https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-nfl-free-agent-list/

A.J. Green is a UFA next season and the dumbass Bungholes didn't try to trade him and get something for him?

If healthy, he's the guy I would be going after.

Puck 12-05-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Pagano is a DB coach which is as good as it should ever be for him. If you’re saying he was a good head coach you need to give it up. He was terrible

Puck 12-05-2019 09:32 PM

I’m guessing the Bears uniforms were a Pagano idea

Brylok 12-05-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 146380)
I kno wat u said, don’t listen to him he doesn’t have 5,000 posts

Your mad because I call it like it is

You don’t run shit

I never said that. I said you only turn up when the team's struggling.

I'm not mad. I'm just calling you a clown.

No shit.

🤡

smitty46953 12-05-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 146400)
A.J. Green is a UFA next season and the dumbass Bungholes didn't try to trade him and get something for him?

If healthy, he's the guy I would be going after.

He will be 32 next season missed 7 games in 2018 and every game this season so far. Just something to ponder age and health :cool:

apballin 12-05-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 146410)
I never said that. I said you only turn up when the team's struggling.

I'm not mad. I'm just calling you a clown.

No shit.

🤡

Read what I said, when they piss me off I come here to tell it like it is

I give a fuck less what you think about me, thought we come here to talk Colts

apballin 12-05-2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 146398)
Only Pagano could fuck up the Bears defense and eat spaghetti for Thanksgiving.

How did he fuck the defense up? They’re ranked 7th in the NFL and lost Hicks for the season. The defense isn’t why they’re losing

YDFL Commish 12-05-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 146416)
How did he fuck the defense up? They’re ranked 7th in the NFL and lost Hicks for the season. The defense isn’t why they’re losing

Because they are a far cry where they were from last year, while creating much fewer turnovers. Pagan o ruins everything....including Thanksgiving.

apballin 12-05-2019 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 146417)
Because they are a far cry where they were from last year, while creating much fewer turnovers. Pagan o ruins everything....including Thanksgiving.

#1 passing offense has 59 passing yards and 7 points at half

Racehorse 12-06-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 146418)

He made halftime adjustments and the Cowboys looked better.

YDFL Commish 12-06-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 146418)

You can't truly believe that the Cowboys have a #1 offense? Every time they play a decent defense they come up small.

Pagano out coaching Garrett sand Kellen Moore is not much of an endorsement either.

Maniac 12-06-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 146462)
You can't truly believe that the Cowboys have a #1 offense? Every time they play a decent defense they come up small.

Pagano out coaching Garrett sand Kellen Moore is not much of an endorsement either.

#1 offense against crap teams and in garbage time maybe.

Chromeburn 12-06-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 146411)
He will be 32 next season missed 7 games in 2018 and every game this season so far. Just something to ponder age and health :cool:

Pats will sign him I bet

Maniac 12-06-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 146523)
Pats will sign him I bet

Good, let them deal with that. We don't need an old WR that is having injury issues.

CanuckColt 12-06-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 146524)
Good, let them deal with that. We don't need an old WR that is having injury issues.

Yeah, plenty of young stud WRs in this year's draft.

YDFL Commish 12-06-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckColt (Post 146534)
Yeah, plenty of young stud WRs in this year's draft.

That may take years to develop.

rcubed 12-06-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 146535)
That may take years to develop.

Along side our new QB...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk