ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Remaining schedule (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57245)

Colts And Orioles 11-28-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 88866)

Neither are any of the teams left in the schedule. I'd take our offense over any of them though.

We've seen this defense play better than it did today though. They have the ability to. I think we'll see some more solid games from them, but they are young with no depth and still lacking talent in some key areas, so there will be ups and downs. If they can create turnovers, that will be enough with this offense against those crap teams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 89032)
o

For the most part I agree with this assertion, with the possible exception of the Cowboys and the Texans. I think that the verdict is still out on them as to whether or not they are good teams (or at least above average teams.)

Other than those 2 games, the Colts have no excuse whatsoever to not win any of the other 6 games that remain on their schedule. I'm not saying that they will win all 6 of them, but simply asserting that they are at least as good (if not better) than those 4 teams that they will be playing in said 6 contests.

o

o

(ONE MONTH LATER)

I think that both of these teams (the Texans and the Cowboys) have shown to be good or (at least) pretty good.

Those 2 games are my biggest concerns of what remains to be played for the 2018 Colts in the regular season ........ I am also moderately concerned about the Titans game because of the Marcus Mariota factor.

o

Dam8610 11-28-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 94752)
o

(ONE MONTH LATER)

I think that both of these teams (the Texans and the Cowboys) have shown to be good or (at least) pretty good.

Those 2 games are my biggest concerns of what remains to be played for the 2018 Colts in the regular season ........ I am also moderately concerned about the Titans game because of the Marcus Mariota factor.

o

Leonard spying him worked well last time, I see no reason to go away from that. Force him to do what he can't do, win with his arm.

Dewey 5 11-30-2018 12:17 AM

Quote:

o

(ONE MONTH LATER)

o

Cowboys D looked pretty stout tonight against the Saints. Gonna be a tough game for us.

VeveJones007 11-30-2018 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 95064)
Cowboys D looked pretty stout tonight against the Saints. Gonna be a tough game for us.

But I thought that scheme was fatally flawed?? No way they just held the Saints to 10 points.

It’s almost as if any scheme can work if you have the right players and coaching.

FatDT 11-30-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 95073)
But I thought that scheme was fatally flawed?? No way they just held the Saints to 10 points.

It’s almost as if any scheme can work if you have the right players and coaching.

The Cowboys have a very good defense this year. The most points they've given up is 28 to the Titans.

2nd in the league in points, giving up 18.2 per game.
5th in the league in yards, giving up 318.2 per game.
Tied for 4th in 1st downs/game, giving up 18.4.

Their D this year is what we can potentially hope for in a year or two.

VeveJones007 11-30-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 95092)
The Cowboys have a very good defense this year. The most points they've given up is 28 to the Titans.

2nd in the league in points, giving up 18.2 per game.
5th in the league in yards, giving up 318.2 per game.
Tied for 4th in 1st downs/game, giving up 18.4.

Their D this year is what we can potentially hope for in a year or two.

Yep, but I guarantee you these facts won’t get in the way of people saying this scheme can’t work for one reason or another.

FatDT 11-30-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 95098)
Yep, but I guarantee you these facts won’t get in the way of people saying this scheme can’t work for one reason or another.

Maybe. I've seen a few bad takes with regard to our defense.

There are the people that think we play a Tampa 2 again.

There are the people that think any zone coverage is bad and indicates we're going back to the Ron Meeks days.

There are the people who think this is a good defense for not spending a lot (that was never true even in the Polian days, but even if it was it would have nothing to do with this defense).

I do think the pitfalls of a defense like this are pretty well-known. You can't sit back in zone too much and let a QB slice you up little by little. You can't get away with playing 4 DEs on the DL every snap. You can't vacate the middle of the field and expect to get any stops.

But just about any modern NFL defense (read: NOT the Tampa 2) can be successful with good players.

What I find interesting is the lack of stars on Dallas' defense. Outside of Lawrence, they don't really have superstars.

VeveJones007 11-30-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 95100)

There are the people that think any zone coverage is bad and indicates we're going back to the Ron Meeks days.

There are the people who think this is a good defense for not spending a lot (that was never true even in the Polian days, but even if it was it would have nothing to do with this defense).

I do think the pitfalls of a defense like this are pretty well-known. You can't sit back in zone too much and let a QB slice you up little by little. You can't get away with playing 4 DEs on the DL every snap. You can't vacate the middle of the field and expect to get any stops.

But just about any modern NFL defense (read: NOT the Tampa 2) can be successful with good players.

What I find interesting is the lack of stars on Dallas' defense. Outside of Lawrence, they don't really have superstars.

One rule of thumb I employ is to ignore or push back on anyone who deals in absolutes.

As for that Dallas defense, LVE and Jaylon Smith are becoming two of the best LBs in football. That defense is fast and physical, which is exactly what I think Ballard and Eberflus want.

Dam8610 11-30-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Jaylon Smith and LVE were both very highly rated, incredibly talented LBs. Smith would've been a Top 10 pick without the injury.

FatDT 11-30-2018 03:51 PM

I remember Smith being talked about as a top 5 pick before his injury. It's great he's made it this far after shredding all his knee ligaments. Is he a superstar though? Probably not yet. Maybe at the end of this season. Crawford and Irving both seem like good players too. Their CB1 was a first rounder. They have talent. But they're getting it done without selling out like the Jags did.

Dam8610 11-30-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 95157)
I remember Smith being talked about as a top 5 pick before his injury. It's great he's made it this far after shredding all his knee ligaments. Is he a superstar though? Probably not yet. Maybe at the end of this season. Crawford and Irving both seem like good players too. Their CB1 was a first rounder. They have talent. But they're getting it done without selling out like the Jags did.

The Jags model was never smart or sustainable. Buying the top of the FA class rarely works for long if at all.

DrSpaceman 12-01-2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 95234)
The Jags model was never smart or sustainable. Buying the top of the FA class rarely works for long if at all.

And having a shitty QB is not a sustainable way to success in this league.

You might get a year or two year window and if everything falls right, win a SB. TB and Baltimore in their first SB win did it.

But year in and year out, in the current league, you need a QB that can win games, come from behind, make plays and do more than just hand off the ball to a RB.

Chromeburn 12-02-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 95157)

Aren't the cowboys up against the cap? Lawrence is franchise tagged, they may not be able to do it again next year.

VeveJones007 12-03-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 95689)
Aren't the cowboys up against the cap? Lawrence is franchise tagged, they may not be able to do it again next year.

That’s a name that I’m keeping an eye on.

Chromeburn 12-04-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 95983)
That’s a name that I’m keeping an eye on.

Yeah me too, I know the cowboys have Zeke’s deal coming up and after that Prescott’s. Still if the cap keeps going up.

sherck 12-05-2018 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 95689)

Nope. $47m under using 2018 cap numbers. It will end up north of $50m. They can re-sign him.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Colts And Orioles 12-09-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 89032)
o

For the most part I agree with this assertion, with the possible exception of the Cowboys and the Texans. I think that the verdict is still out on them as to whether or not they are good teams (or at least above average teams.)

Other than those 2 games, the Colts have no excuse whatsoever to not win any of the other 6 games that remain on their schedule. I'm not saying that they will win all 6 of them, but simply asserting that they are at least as good (if not better) than those 4 teams that they will be playing in said 6 contests.

o

Quote:

o

(ONE MONTH LATER)

o

o

Texans down, Cowboys still to come.

Marcus Mariota could give the Titans a puncher's chance in the season finale, especially at home in Tennessee.

The Colts had no business losing to the Jaguars, and they have very little business losing to the Giants (the Giants have improved over their last few games, but with the defense and the offensive line having the season's which they have been having, they really need to put them away by at least 7 points.)

o

Dewey 5 12-09-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 96963)
o

Texans down, Cowboys still to come.

Marcus Mariota could give the Titans a puncher's chance in the season finale, especially at home in Tennessee.

The Colts had no business losing to the Jaguars, and they have very little business losing to the Giants (the Giants have improved over their last few games, but with the defense and the offensive line having the season's which they have been having, they really need to put them away by at least 7 points.)

o

Giants are playing well right now. Barkley is a total stud.

Racehorse 12-09-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 96967)
Giants are playing well right now. Barkley is a total stud.

Yes. Glad we have Nelson, but a stud like Barkley would go a long ways for this offense. Maybe we find one next offseason.

JAFF 12-09-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

I was listening on the radio, and the clor guy was having a great time explaining how the Colts showed 4 man blitz, but 3 linemen dropped and three LB's blitzed.

Not the Dungy D

Chromeburn 12-10-2018 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 96114)
Nope. $47m under using 2018 cap numbers. It will end up north of $50m. They can re-sign him.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Here are their FA's next year

Cole Beasley, WR
Cameron Fleming, OT
Randy Gregory, DE
David Irving, DT
DeMarcus Lawrence, DE
Jamize Olawale, FB
Deonte Thompson, WR

I wouldn't mind a shot at Irving. And they have the Cooper, Prescot and Zeke deals coming up the following year.

sherck 12-10-2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 97123)
Here are their FA's next year

Cole Beasley, WR
Cameron Fleming, OT
Randy Gregory, DE
David Irving, DT
DeMarcus Lawrence, DE
Jamize Olawale, FB
Deonte Thompson, WR

I wouldn't mind a shot at Irving. And they have the Cooper, Prescot and Zeke deals coming up the following year.

Has not Irving been hurt most of the year? Websites only have him playing snaps in weeks 6 & 7 of this season.

Walk Worthy,

Maniac 12-10-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 97135)
Has not Irving been hurt most of the year? Websites only have him playing snaps in weeks 6 & 7 of this season.

Walk Worthy,

He has had a high ankle sprain.

Keep in mind, he's in the substance abuse program now and admits to smoking pot regularly (and apparently before games.) that puts him at high risk of getting suspended again:

https://i.imgur.com/FZLJRgS.jpg

FatDT 12-10-2018 11:43 AM

He has a point, but it doesn't matter. It's against NFL rules and he has the rest of his life to smoke weed. His time in the NFL is limited and it'll be a lot more limited if he fails a test again.

Butter 12-10-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 97161)
He has a point, but it doesn't matter. It's against NFL rules and he has the rest of his life to smoke weed. His time in the NFL is limited and it'll be a lot more limited if he fails a test again.

I completely agree with him that the NFL rule and most states laws are dumb, but they are what they are and risking your career is poor choice and for a team to tie up much cap space in a player who is going to openly flaunt breaking the rules would be stupid as well. Pass.

DrSpaceman 12-16-2018 06:05 PM

Playoff update

The Colts are much closer to a playoff spot now than I realized and are on the verge of controlling their own destiny, but not quite there

Dolphins lost today.

So tied with Baltimore, Titans for the last spot, but then Pitt is only a half game up on the division/WC race and could be easily overtaken for both.

Play the titans week 17, need to win that one, basically a week 17 playoff game there, lose and you're out.

I believe the Colts just need to :

Win their last two games, puts the Titans out AND

A single loss sometime between now and the end of the season by Pitt OR Baltimore. Then the Colts will be ahead of one of the two of them and the other team will win the division, most likely. (Cleveland still with an outside shot)

Pitt has NE right now and NO next week.

Baltimore has SD next week. And Cleveland, no pushovers now

It is looking good, two winnable games left basically to make the 6th spot.

Puck 12-16-2018 06:06 PM

Playoff update

Hopefully he’ll heat pulls out all the stops and cheats in ways we have never seen

Puck 12-16-2018 06:08 PM

The pats beating the Steelers is our biggest help. We will be the 6th seed by the end of the day

JAFF 12-16-2018 06:08 PM

How can you say that. Fuck those a holes

Puck 12-16-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 98691)
How can you say that. Fuck those a holes

Do the math

JAFF 12-16-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 98692)
Do the math

Its football and Im not doing algebra. Fuck the pats

Puck 12-16-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 98693)
Its football and Im not doing algebra. Fuck the pats

Then your just a retard

Brylok 12-16-2018 06:14 PM

Kraft has ordered his team to lose in a respectable way in order to screw the Colts.

JAFF 12-16-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 98694)
Then your just a retard

No im a fan fuck the pats. The season takes care of its self.

Pats suck

Puck 12-16-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 98697)

Pats suck

Maybe I gave you too much credit for being smart.

If the pats win we are the 6th seed. It’s ours to lose. If. It then we need more help from other teams.

Don’t let pride make you stupid

Luck4Reich 12-16-2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 98697)

Pats suck

Pats are in regardless. If they lose today it hurts the Colts not the Pats.

JAFF 12-16-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 98694)
Then your just a retard

The rest of the world will take care of themselves. Fuck the pats

Puck 12-16-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 98715)

Ok then root for the Steelers to lose. Does that help?

Dewey 5 12-16-2018 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 98715)

Attachment 50

JAFF 12-16-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 98716)
Ok then root for the Steelers to lose. Does that help?

No