ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   over 50 million to spend (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3950)

Maniac 03-16-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 6984)
paid sheard more than poe

Pass rushers are generally a higher salary position. That's like complaining because we paid a OT more than someone else paid for a OG or center.

Puck 03-16-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 6988)
what does that have to do with anything

Has a lot to do with it. He has a chance to look really really good on a one yr deal with that D. He has a lot less chance to look great here

Puck 03-16-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 6993)
Pass rushers are generally a higher salary position. That's like complaining because we paid a OT more than someone else paid for a OG or center.

That is why I prefer we draft CB's and pass rush... costs a lot less

VeveJones007 03-16-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 6984)
paid sheard more than poe

If Poe wanted to sign here, Ballard would have paid him.

jasperhobbs 03-16-2017 07:54 PM

I'm glad they didn't sign Poe. I believe injuries have taken there toll and he is not the player he once was.

I would rather Ballard avoid signing high dollar free agents and build through the draft. Too many high priced free agents have failed to live up to expectations and saddle a team with cap woes.

omahacolt 03-16-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 6993)

Sheard isn't exactly a pass rusher

omahacolt 03-16-2017 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 6990)
It. Is. March. And. The. GM. Has. Been. Employed. For. One. Month.

Is he going to start bringing in good players in a few months ? Other teams are going ahead and improving their rosters now.

Puck 03-16-2017 08:25 PM

On Colts discussion with Poe

Josina Anderson‏ @JosinaAnderson

There were talks including something in neighborhood of 5-yr deal worth up to $60M. Not only option. 1-year was discussed too, per source.

Coltsalr 03-16-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 7015)
Is he going to start bringing in good players in a few months ? Other teams are going ahead and improving their rosters now.

If only there were an event that took place every April where teams have 7 rounds to pick players. Man, I bet good GM's would even use such a source as their primary means of acquiring talent...

Puck 03-16-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 7018)
If only there were an event that took place every April where teams have 7 rounds to pick players. Man, I bet good GM's would even use such a source as their primary means of acquiring talent...

Can't fill all the holes in the draft.