ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Luck in Pro Bowl (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66487)

southside asshole 01-28-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 108252)
J
Friend was adamant Ebron should be there. My take was that he is a mismatch weapon, but not really an out-and-out good player. Inside the 20s, he's a nightmare. Between the 20s, he's completely pedestrian unless he gets the perfect matchup.

Glad he's on the team, but just occurred to me a lot of fans probably have differing opinions on the guy.

This is my exact perception of him as well.

Ebron is a difficult weapon to make full use of. His value in the redzone means he's got to be on the field, but a lot of drives have also died bouncing off his hands as well. I think he still brings more value than liability, but his position and size should mean that he's a killer possession target in short and medium yardage, and that just has not been the case.

GoBigBlue88 01-28-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southside asshole (Post 108286)

Ebron is a difficult weapon to make full use of. His value in the redzone means he's got to be on the field, but a lot of drives have also died bouncing off his hands as well. I think he still brings more value than liability, but his position and size should mean that he's a killer possession target in short and medium yardage, and that just has not been the case.

On the same hand -- while I totally get what you mean -- I looked back on a lot of games this year and realized "wow, Ebron had a bigger game than I realized". The Patriots game in particular stuck out, but he was big vs HOU and TEN in particular as well. I think he finished top 5 in all TE receiving yards, so it wasn't JUST a redzone thing...

But I completely agree that it feels like he's value-neutral between the 20s, still.

DrSpaceman 01-28-2019 03:16 PM

Ebron is great inside the 20

Doyle is great everywhere else on the field. Really missed him in the playoffs, for catching and blocking

GoBigBlue88 01-28-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 108304)

Doyle is great everywhere else on the field. Really missed him in the playoffs, for catching and blocking

Honestly wouldn't be shocked if Colts draft a TE because of this. Just too important to their offense for an injury to make you lean on Mo Alie-Cox (fine blocker but...) or one of Ebron/Doyle to do everything.

Chromeburn 01-28-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 108304)

We lost a valuable piece when he went down. I wonder if they spend a pick on a well rounded TE this year.

Chromeburn 01-28-2019 05:21 PM

I think Ebron is a real matchup problem. I think he runs a 4.6 at 6’4, with such a wide body and pretty good catch radius, he makes a good weapon that teams have trouble matching up against. I think he should be the third or fourth receiver. With a lot of red zone targets. But he is good in the middle of the field also. I don’t like him as a third down move the chains guy. We could really use a hands receiver for that. Good route running good hands. Inman helped there a lot, but he is 30, not a guy you can count on for a long time.

kitekrazy 01-28-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southside asshole (Post 108286)

Like Tom Waddle.