ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Coltfreaks Banner (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58575)

1965southpaw 11-10-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 90701)
And Kelly, maybe the best center in the league this year.

Nice article on Kelly.

https://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/kev...est-center-nfl

When trying to pinpoint why the Colts’ offensive line has had so much success this season, especially as of late, Kelly is not the reason most mentioned.

People point to the scheme, the resources invested in rookies Quenton Nelson/Braden Smith or even having Anthony Castonzo back in the lineup.

But DeGuglielmo has his eyes focused squarely on his center.

How bizarre is it that there are a multitude of reasons you can point to for the improved line play.........gotta love how this line is coming together and barring serious injury they could be a dominant force for years to come.

YDFL Commish 11-10-2018 07:49 PM

I always thought that Philbin was a turd of an OL coach. Maybe he's a decent OC, but that's Green Bays problem.

Coach DG (I"m not even going to try to spell his name) has to be better.

1965southpaw 11-10-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 90754)
I always thought that Philbin was a turd of an OL coach. Maybe he's a decent OC, but that's Green Bays problem.

Coach DG (I"m not even going to try to spell his name) has to be better.

they call him Guge for short.

Pez 11-11-2018 07:39 AM

DeGuglielmo said this to the Star in September about his thoughts on this line in April:
Quote:

DeGuglielmo: “You could see they didn’t carry their heads high, and as a unit, there were a lot of issues they needed to work out, whether it be personnel or technique or things like that."

"They didn’t look like they were walking around like they were roosters with their chest out and they were singing a good song. They were melancholy when we started this thing. Now I see the personalities, I see them communicating with one another in a way I didn’t see early on. It’s good growth.”
You take everything the coach says to the media with a grain of salt, but even well salted, this seems like a marked improvement over Philbin's comments after game 10 last year:

Quote:

Philbin: “We have to play better, I think consistency has been the biggest thing we’re going to harp on when we get back [from the bye]. You just haven’t [executed] well enough, long enough. Whether it’s one game or whether it’s a quarter."

rcubed 11-12-2018 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 45

YDFL Commish 11-12-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 91428)

I like it. But it can't possibly be complete without a gif of Nelson mauling some unfortunate soul.

rcubed 11-12-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 91428)

smitty, if you want to use it I can send it to you like the last ones, clear background.

Coltsalr 11-12-2018 02:03 PM

My brother is a Graphic Designer and he said he’d be willing to do it if Puck definitely has the capability on updating the banner?

Puck 11-12-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 91446)
My brother is a Graphic Designer and he said he’d be willing to do it if Puck definitely has the capability on updating the banner?

That would be Edgeman. When he has time he will get to it.

JAFF 11-12-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 90751)
When trying to pinpoint why the Colts’ offensive line has had so much success this season, especially as of late, Kelly is not the reason most mentioned.

People point to the scheme, the resources invested in rookies Quenton Nelson/Braden Smith or even having Anthony Castonzo back in the lineup.

But DeGuglielmo has his eyes focused squarely on his center.

How bizarre is it that there are a multitude of reasons you can point to for the improved line play.........gotta love how this line is coming together and barring serious injury they could be a dominant force for years to come.

How many centers did the Colts run out there last year?? It was a cluster fuck at center.