ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official 2017 NFL Draft Rounds 2 / 3 (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6489)

VeveJones007 04-28-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 11844)
I've seen a handful of Colt fans (not here thankfully, but on other site) bitch about this draft and how the Colts passed up on a lot of talented players. This view totally stuns me. Everything I've seen from at least Hooker and Wilson (especially Hooker) just scream talent to me. They may has some issues for sure, but they appear to be the anti Werner, where I saw little talent but hoped he had a motor or something.

The other bizarre complaint I've seen is how they are pissed they drafted an injured player in Hooker when they could have got Allen. Now I'd have been fine with Allen, but sheesh, what the fuck. Out of Allen, Foster, and Hooker there were all sorts of injury concerns everywhere.

Most people are dumb.

Can't wait to see what these guys are capable of.

Butter 04-28-2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

The other bizarre complaint I've seen is how they are pissed they drafted an injured player in Hooker when they could have got Allen. .

The hell?

Maniac 04-28-2017 11:32 PM

Quote:

I've seen a handful of Colt fans (not here thankfully, but on other site) bitch about this draft and how the Colts passed up on a lot of talented players. This view totally stuns me. Everything I've seen from at least Hooker and Wilson (especially Hooker) just scream talent to me. They may has some issues for sure, but they appear to be the anti Werner, where I saw little talent but hoped he had a motor or something.

The other bizarre complaint I've seen is how they are pissed they drafted an injured player in Hooker when they could have got Allen. Now I'd have been fine with Allen, but sheesh, what the fuck. Out of Allen, Foster, and Hooker there were all sorts of injury concerns everywhere.

They won't be bitching when they develop into badass playmakers for this secondary, so who cares, let them complain now if they want.

falloutboy14 04-28-2017 11:36 PM

Bashan sounds like a guy who can be a backup for a few years, then take over a starting spot when Simon/sheard age. Don't expect instant impact but long-term potential.

nate505 04-28-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 11847)
The hell?

Yeah, that one was odd to me too. Out of all the three BPAs (IMO anyway) they all had injury issues and Hooker's seem to be the least concerning.

nate505 04-28-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 11845)
Most people are dumb.

Can't wait to see what these guys are capable of.

True. Just thought I'd vent here instead of signing up for 3 or so other boards haha.

VeveJones007 04-28-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falloutboy14 (Post 11849)
Bashan sounds like a guy who can be a backup for a few years, then take over a starting spot when Simon/sheard age. Don't expect instant impact but long-term potential.

A guy you can plug into the rotation. They needed that behind Sheard/Simon. It's great value at 80.

Coltsalr 04-29-2017 12:07 AM

Certainly not expecting a Day One starter.

Still, would be nice if he's a guy that can get plugged in that'll be able to at least be effective situationally. Doesn't seem like that's out of the question.

GoBigBlue88 04-29-2017 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 11859)
Certainly not expecting a Day One starter.

Still, would be nice if he's a guy that can get plugged in that'll be able to at least be effective situationally. Doesn't seem like that's out of the question.

Think he basically just takes the Ayers role of nickel rusher. Maybe not even right away. I'm fine with that.

IndyNorm 04-29-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 11749)
I didn't realize he had drafted any lumberjacks.

Haha well played!! Although maybe Damn meant cheerleaders since the only thing Clappy McW is good at other than talking about chopping wood is clapping on the sidelines of course.