ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2018 NFL Free Agents (tampering period starts 3/12/18) (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37051)

FatDT 03-13-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 58686)
Go ahead and name every free agent out there that the Colts didn't sign, so you can blame Ballard for all of them. :rolleyes:

Why would I do that? Did I say he should be targeting every FA? Did anyone? You are arguing against a point that no one is making.

Are you satisfied with how the OL has been addressed since Luck was drafted? How about since Ballard was hired?

Dam8610 03-13-2018 11:40 AM

Andrew Norwell was a UDFA. Hopefully, the Colts can find the next one.

rcubed 03-13-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 58710)
Andrew Norwell was a UDFA. Hopefully, the Colts can find the next one.

'Hope' is not an effective strategy.

Dam8610 03-13-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 58711)
'Hope' is not an effective strategy.

You're right, but effective pro and college scouting is a good strategy. If the Colts don't have that, they'll be in trouble anyway.

Dam8610 03-13-2018 11:56 AM

The overreaction here reminds me of the Polian days, when the Colts would only sign a few young scrap heap players and everyone would be clamoring that enough wasn't done, then the team would get big contributions from scrap heap FAs and UDFAs and be among the best in the league. Just be patient and see how it plays out. They're going to have to spend some money in FA to meet their cap requirements, so we'll get some guys.

Targets I like:

John Brown
Dontari Poe
Sheldon Richardson
Nigel Bradham
Kyle Fuller
Carlos Hyde
Doug Martin
Bashaud Breeland
Zach Brown
Muhammad Wilkerson
Eric Reid
Tyler Eifert
Jordan Matthews
Ryan Jensen

FatDT 03-13-2018 12:05 PM

I don't care about other FAs. I am generally in favor of building through the draft and only getting deals in FA. Norwell this year, or one of the several top OL FAs last year, should've been an exception. We can't put Luck behind a shit line again. Can't do it. We MIGHT have two starters we can count on going into this season.

rcubed 03-13-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 58722)
I don't care about other FAs. I am generally in favor of building through the draft and only getting deals in FA. Norwell this year, or one of the several top OL FAs last year, should've been an exception. We can't put Luck behind a shit line again. Can't do it. We MIGHT have two starters we can count on going into this season.

Agree. I am not freaking out over FA, we are a ways away from really competing so build through the draft. However, we do have a lot of cap space and I wanted norwell. We gotta stop fucking around with the line.

VeveJones007 03-13-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 58722)

Very true, but I can argue the same about WR2, EDGE, MLB, WILL, and CB1. Have to be very careful overpaying a guard when those premium spots need filling.

Indiana V2 03-13-2018 12:19 PM

So what is the purpose of all this cap space?

Dam8610 03-13-2018 12:30 PM

Looks like Cousins to Vikings. That helps the Colts if they want to trade down and still get Chubb.