ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The official " wake me when the draft starts" game day thread !! (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92885)

jasperhobbs 12-31-2019 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 149943)
Rumors are that Gruden wants to go a different direction at QB. If he does, then I would be for the Colts getting Carr until we hit on one in the draft. He's better than Brisket.

I wonder if Gruden would dump Carr and bring in Tom Brady

JAFF 12-31-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitekrazy (Post 149972)
While you are bringing up needles in a haystack, Johnny Unitas was cut by the Steelers.

LOL, your last sentence has to be sarcasm.

Brees was not a needle in a haystack. All Wilson has done is win. Did that in college too.

You can find talented leaders past the first 15 picks. What was the knock on Brees and Wilson? Too short.

Half of the Colts fans wanted Leaf instead of Manning. Why? He was the better athlete. His 10 cent head is what held him back.

They need a smart guy who can react quickly to defensive reads and has a better than average arm with great accuracy.

The most successful QBs have brains as well as athletic ability. Why has Fitzpatrick hung around all these years? Smart enough to read defenses and make plays.

And yes, the Tribisky comment was sarcasm. All american athlete, 5 and dime head

Chromeburn 12-31-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 149976)
Since we're talking QBs, anyone else have thoughts on Jacob Eason? I watched a few games and came away very impressed. He routinely made NFL caliber throws and ball placements, showed the ability to escape pressure and extend plays, and ran an offense very similar to Reich's. The biggest difference I saw between Eason and Burrow was the quality of talent surrounding them.

There isn't a large body of work for him. Supposedly he progressed very well at Georgia under their OC, but still got beat out by Fromm. He fits the eye test and the arm strength. I read a rumor that he had still not learned the whole playbook at Washington, but that was a rumor and could be completely false. If he isn't smart enough it will come out in the interviews and tests. Frankly as a fan its hard to evaluate the QB's because we are missing the most important part which is the interview.

Mr. Session 12-31-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 150016)
There isn't a large body of work for him. Supposedly he progressed very well at Georgia under their OC, but still got beat out by Fromm. He fits the eye test and the arm strength. I read a rumor that he had still not learned the whole playbook at Washington, but that was a rumor and could be completely false. If he isn't smart enough it will come out in the interviews and tests. Frankly as a fan its hard to evaluate the QB's because we are missing the most important part which is the interview.

If he couldn’t beat Fromm I have little faith in him. Fromm is not that good.

Am I retarded for thinking we should consider Rivers?

Spike 12-31-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 150017)

No way do I want Rivers on the Colts. He's done, stick a fork in him.

Chromeburn 12-31-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

I think he is done. He struggled mightily this year.

rm1369 12-31-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 150033)
I think he is done. He struggled mightily this year.

Completely agree, but even if he had a little left I’m just not sure I could cheer for that guy. He has one of the most punchable faces I’ve ever seen. I’m sure the Colts struggles against SD don’t help, but fuck that guy. I’d rather have another year of Brissett than cheer for Rivers.

rcubed 12-31-2019 02:01 PM

no rivers. I would be open to carr if he is available without trading any assets.

Colts And Orioles 12-31-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

o

It's not at all retarded, but I think that it would be too risky ........ I wouldn't be surprised if Rivers had a couple of 4,000-or-more-yard/30-or-more TD pass seasons left in him, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he was done. Hence, I would rather go with either a high draft pick out of college and/or another proven commodity whom is at least 4 or 5 years younger than Rivers if we aren't going to simply ride out Jacoby Brissett for one final year.

o

Dam8610 12-31-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 150016)

Eason didn't get beat out by Fromm, really. He suffered a knee injury, then Georgia was winning with Fromm so they never went back to him. I've also heard the rumors about his work ethic, and if they're true, Ballard likely won't draft him, but the pure talent comes through on the tape.

Quote:

Joe Burrow couldn't beat out a guy who went on to play WR in the NFL at Ohio State, but the Bengals are probably going to draft him.

I'd rather roll with Brisket than bring that asshole Rivers in.