ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Draft 2021 (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116284)

Dam8610 04-02-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 190342)
Evan Sidery @esidery

#Colts have virtually met with Oklahoma State OT Tevin Jenkins multiple times throughout the pre-draft process, per source. Indy also was in attendance for Jenkins’ Pro Day.

Keep an eye on Jenkins being one of their top targets at No. 21 to potentially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the concerns with Jenkins were athleticism and arm length, and he blew those out of the water with 36 reps of 225, a 4.9 40, and 33 1/2" arms (81" wingspan). That combined with his tape...he has to be in the mix for OT2 now, and he's certainly not as locked in to RT as I initially thought.

Chromeburn 04-02-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 190342)
Evan Sidery @esidery

#Colts have virtually met with Oklahoma State OT Tevin Jenkins multiple times throughout the pre-draft process, per source. Indy also was in attendance for Jenkins’ Pro Day.

Keep an eye on Jenkins being one of their top targets at No. 21 to potentially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah he had a great pro day as Dam just said. His RAS came out to 9.75. Only Cosmi has a better RAS. I would also keep an eye on that northern Iowa tackle as a later round pick, he tested out really high too. Jenkins measurables combined with technique and nastiness, gotta think he is a potential pick at 21.

apballin 04-02-2021 04:16 PM

When asked what type of player teams were gonna get

Jenkins said “A tough, physical, nasty motherfucker”

Spike 04-02-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 190399)
When asked what type of player teams were gonna get

Jenkins said “A tough, physical, nasty motherfucker”

Damn, I really like him now.

JAFF 04-02-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 190371)
Well the concerns with Jenkins were athleticism and arm length, and he blew those out of the water with 36 reps of 225, a 4.9 40, and 33 1/2" arms (81" wingspan). That combined with his tape...he has to be in the mix for OT2 now, and he's certainly not as locked in to RT as I initially thought.

Concerns about arm length? They were short but have grown in the last 3 months? Are there pictures during the season that his hands only reaching his belt line, and now they reach his knees?

I want to know how many times he beat the piss out of someone. If it was during a game, that would be a plus.

Dam8610 04-02-2021 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 190414)
Concerns about arm length? They were short but have grown in the last 3 months? Are there pictures during the season that his hands only reaching his belt line, and now they reach his knees?

I want to know how many times he beat the piss out of someone. If it was during a game, that would be a plus.

There were concerns that his arms were under 33". The problem with that is that there are no starting OTs with arms shorter than that. Anamolies happen, but they're anamolies for a reason.

YDFL Commish 04-03-2021 07:10 PM

My ranking of the OT's that are likely to be available to us is:

Tevein Jenkins, Liam Echenberg, Samuel Cosmi

My preference would be to get any one of the 3 in a trade back scenario.

Dam8610 04-03-2021 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 190450)
My ranking of the OT's that are likely to be available to us is:

Tevein Jenkins, Liam Echenberg, Samuel Cosmi

My preference would be to get any one of the 3 in a trade back scenario.

I don't see them getting Jenkins AND trading back. That would be a huge win if it happened, though.

JAFF 04-03-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 190415)
There were concerns that his arms were under 33". The problem with that is that there are no starting OTs with arms shorter than that. Anamolies happen, but they're anamolies for a reason.

So if a guy has 32 1/2 inch ares the colts shouldnt draft him?

Dam8610 04-03-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 190453)
So if a guy has 32 1/2 inch ares the colts shouldnt draft him?

Not to play OT if they want the player to be successful.