ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Post Some Mock Drafts (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71086)

Butter 04-22-2019 10:04 PM

I am not sure how many of you Follow Brett Kollman on youtube, he does some interesting breakdown of players and what not. Even if he is a filthy fucking Texicans fan. Today he posted his 1st round mock, but it is not a prediction mock, it is who he thinks would be best for each team. His stuff is well done and interesting to me, though I am not in love with him having the Colts pick a CB, he does support each pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhFmPap0WwM

FatDT 04-23-2019 09:14 AM

This is not a strong CB class, and while I think we could use some bolstering there, it's not like our top 3 corners are bad players. Desir, Wilson, and Moore all showed they can make plays and can be counted on in coverage. I don't see CB as a top team need, and don't think guys like Ya Sin, Byron Murphy, or even DeAndre Baker are going to be the best players available when we pick.

Chromeburn 04-23-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 117004)
This is not a strong CB class, and while I think we could use some bolstering there, it's not like our top 3 corners are bad players. Desir, Wilson, and Moore all showed they can make plays and can be counted on in coverage. I don't see CB as a top team need, and don't think guys like Ya Sin, Byron Murphy, or even DeAndre Baker are going to be the best players available when we pick.

There are some CB’s that the Colts have shown interest in that will be later picks. Lonnie Johnson and Tim Harris of Virginia. I think they are looking at guys with good size and measurable that they can develop for a few years.

JAFF 04-23-2019 04:37 PM

I think it was in MMQB, several GM's said the end of the 1st round talent isn't much different from the end of the 3rd round.

If that is really true, I wouldn't be trying to guess what Ballard is going to do.

FatDT 04-23-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 117040)
There are some CB’s that the Colts have shown interest in that will be later picks. Lonnie Johnson and Tim Harris of Virginia. I think they are looking at guys with good size and measurable that they can develop for a few years.

I’ll agree there, some prospects like Joejuan Williams (i think) are huge.

apballin 04-23-2019 09:29 PM

Mike Wells had us taking Abram in the 1st

Luck4Reich 04-23-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 117123)
Mike Wells had us taking Abram in the 1st

I wouldnt be mad but I'm hoping we luck up and get Wilkins or Ferrell and then can get Abram with our next pick.

VeveJones007 04-23-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 117125)
I wouldnt be mad but I'm hoping we luck up and get Wilkins or Ferrell and then can get Abram with our next pick.

Savage or Rapp at 59 would be really good gets as well. Nice to have some depth and options at positions of need.

Chromeburn 04-23-2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 117117)
I’ll agree there, some prospects like Joejuan Williams (i think) are huge.

Yup, forgot to mention him. Although I think he is sneaking into the second. LJ May be in the second now too. I read or heard about one of the Colts staff working out and talking up the Virginia CB who is 6’2. I guess he was dealing with some injuries at the end of the year which kept him from working out. But his numbers are supposed to be great when healthy. 4.4 at 6’2 or something.

Chromeburn 04-23-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 117128)
Savage or Rapp at 59 would be really good gets as well. Nice to have some depth and options at positions of need.

Savage is my favorite safety now. Rapp is a tackling machine and nothing gets by him, worry about his speed though. I’ve cooled on Abrams because he misses so many tackles. This is a deep safety class, not sure if we spend a 1st on one.